Saturday, August 23, 2008

sticky kitchen floor...

UPDATE: 3:22 pm zuke loaves cooling, made a huge batch of homemade laundry detergent, cleaning counters, all goodies if freezer, lids a popping and I am loosing steam but making a french press pot of coffee to enjoy with zuke bread! Until next time...

UPDATE: 1:43 pm 6 zuke loaves in the oven, 8 quarts green and yellow beans in freezer, dilly beans and a few dill pickles in the water bath canner, all whole wheat breads out of oven and some into freezer for the week, lunch eaten... still listening to great tunes

kids making camps and playing tag in kitchen, baby crawling on sticky kitchen floor. Others at Hunter's Safety...

11:42 am update: bread in oven, making lunch and a photo of about a 1/2 bushel of green and yellow beans washed and ready to be made into canned dilly beans with our fresh dill and garlic too...







10:38 update:

8 quarts of tomatoes in the freezer (I freeze all tomatoes and then thaw and can all of them in one day at once)





6 loaves of whole wheat homemade bread rising and 2 dozen whole wheat buns rising...



more updates later...



It look like rain today...

If you stop by, I am in the kitchen:

listening to some great tunes,

canning beans,

canning pickles,

freezing tomatoes,

freezing zukes,

making zuke bread(S),

making whole wheat bread,

and more...

I may offer you a taste... I may be a tad bit ornery? Its hot, I confess I have the air-con on...

Stop in to say "hi", leave a comment, but you may be greeted by a sticky kitchen floor!

What are you up to today? God bless your day!

7 comments:

Farmgirl Cyn said...

I did 7 qts and 4 pts of salsa yesterday, but have to wait to do another batch till I can get 1/2 bushel of tomatoes, CHEAP!!! What a mess the kitchen was! Clean up took almost as long as the cooking and canning took! Next week???

Peggy said...

Today was outside chores for me. Weed eating, grass mowing,weed pulling, etc. Tomorrow I will tackle the inside chores as I have a computer friend and her family from Texas coming Monday for a couple of days. You sound like you are having lots of fun while you get lots done,

Gracie said...

wow! Sounds like a VERY productive day!
I have a friend looking for about 1/2 bussel of green beans? Do you have that many available for sale by chance?

Homemakerang said...

I will have beans on wednesday. Call first :)

We picked em clean today!

Carolyn said...

Looks like you are busy busy busy!

I was just surfin' the blogs and stopped by for a visit.

Carolyn

Homemakerang said...

test

mackpack said...

Hi Angie,
Long ago friend here from church. Stumbled across your site and love it. Remember thursday morning classes? LOL.You sure do a great job at the homemaking thing.:)

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011