Sunday, October 26, 2008

October 26, 2008

daughter reading and writing a letter...




Went back to the "PALACE" to get another small load of things... I can honestly say I did not miss it. I can honestly tell you though I really appreciated the utter beauty of this wonderful home. I remembered so many fond memories of our life there.





My husband put so much blood, sweat and words :) with his hammer into this home. He made a sticky log cabin into a mansion with his very own two calloused hands. I know he did this for our family and that makes me emotional when I think on that part of it all...





The completed project from beginning to end in 2004 took only 6 months to add over 2,000 sq. feet, 100% finished! I know this is for 2 reasons, #1 God was driving that project and #2. We did 90% of it on our own and I must add one of my most favorite Thoreau quotes here: "The man that goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready". If you have ever waited for a contractor you will understand this!





A few pieces of my heart remain at the palace... The passing of 2 sweet babies lives snuffed out to early... The joy of bringing home a perfect and healthy newborn baby boy and much more. To much to begin to write on paper...





Yes, I missed the memories but walked away knowing these memories are still with me and can never be taken away, no matter where my domicile may be... And because of that, I can leave the Palace behind...

No comments:

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011