Monday, October 27, 2008

October 27, 2008


two books I could not live without!


Lighting has NOT been an issue at all! Between 2-3 pretty oil lamps, 1 gas lanter in the kitchen dining area, 1 in the family room and a few here and there it has not been an adjustment! It does seem we go to bed earlier though with the darkness. The time change happens this weekend. I believe I heard somewhere that the amish do not subscribe to the time change and I will have to ask them that next time we see them.



I have missed balancing my checkbook every few days on line and checking election news. But, I can report to you that I finally have all my C- size batteries for my Busch radio so I do feel back in the loop, a little...



I seem to have more time here to "love" and enjoy my family. I find that rather odd as I actually have more work to do. I think it is because I find we are doing the work together... Yes, we get irritable too as we are together BUT... I had a wonderful stainless steel BOSCH diswasher before and now we all have conversation while we are doing the dishes together. We talk ore as we hang our clothes on the line or as we take them off the drying rack by the woodstove.



I have still fallen short it seems as I am a bit cranky at times. I tire easily at the age of 37 as I enter the 2nd trimester of pregnancy of another blessing... The move was interesting also with lots of 24 hour morning sickness... I have been nervous I have been overdoing it as of late and have lost a few pounds but I am very happy to report that I heard the miracle of the babe's heart beat today. Praise the LORD! 160 bpm...

5 comments:

Lea of Farmhouse Blessings said...

Those are my 2 favorite books as well!

Congratulation on your new blessings! I am so happy for you and your family.

Blessings & joy,
Lea

Sherry in MI said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy! You get today's super mama award for going through this move w/5 kids AND during early pregnancy!!!

Parisienne Farmgirl said...

So, I went to the library the other day and got a few Mason books they are good so far but they are gonna take me awhile to get thru. Isn't there one at your house about her that was written by someone more current that I could use as a companion?
Oh, by the way - you are amazing! These posts are wonderful and they were worth the wait.

Heartathome said...

Wow,a new baby to add to the mix! Congratulations! You have a right to feel a little cranky now and then. :-)

SK and Family said...

Congratulations!! And, I am enjoying catching up on your blog!

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011