Tuesday, October 28, 2008

October 28, 2008


I would have never considered our children to be up with pop culture or the latest fads as they have always been home schooled. But, they do not live with their heads in the sand either. I do find it very interesting to find some recent changes with them as they seem so comfortable in their own skin even more here! They seem less interested in impressing others or fitting in as small as these things were before.

My soon to be 13 year old came downstairs with a "house on the prairie" type dress today and was excited to wear it and I never suggested it... I found out she had laid it out the night before to wear!

My 15 year old daughter has ditched the subtle make up she used to wear most days...

my 9 and 7 year old have embraced their new overalls from the local farm store...
They play outside a whole bunch together and it is going well!

2 comments:

Lea of Farmhouse Blessings said...

Such a blessing to see these positive little changes even in so short a time. We have found that our boys adopted those attitudes as well. And now even at 19 and 15, they just don't get caught up the latest fads.

I'll never forget when one of their style saavy cousins saw them wearing a new pair of sneakers that I got from the thrift. They said, "Hey, you got a pair of Nikes!" Luke replied, "No, they're just sneakers." He had no idea what Nike even was because it wasn't an important part of their lives.

For us, it is such a nice way to live.

Smiles,
Lea

Ante Family Agrarians said...

It's like the world goes on without you in it...huh! It's such a blessing to watch the changes in our children when we introduce them to living for the Lord, and not the world. It's easier to make those changes when we're seperated from all that. I remember having to watch and monitor so they wouldn't be exposed to much. Now they run free out here. lol!
Peace, Kris

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011