Thursday, October 30, 2008

October 30, 2008

Today is our oldest child's birthday... WOW! What a blessing...

If you would have told me me 15 years ago today I would be living on a 40 acre amish farm, off grid, I would NEVER have believed you... If you would have told me 15 years ago today I would be expecting baby #6 I could have only hoped it would be true as I have always wanted a large family... I will tell you society pressured us for a while to be status quo on family size but hubby and I finally became more mature about that and followed the Lord's leading... (more on this subject possibly at a later time)

15 years ago today we lived in a 900 sq. ft house on a horribly busy 5 lane street! Traffic was posted at 45 mph but everyone went at least 60+ it seemed. Our bedroom window was about 12 feet from the street on our 100x100 lot. We knew then we wanted land as hubby had grown up in a large open space on some acreage. I just did not know how or when we would get "there"... I had dreams as I held my newborn that day of a life free of noise, busyness and for her to have some great wide open spaces with some animals and nature!

We are here. It took almost 17 years to get "here". It did not happen overnight at all. It took 17 years of marriage and owning 5 homes but we have arrived "here"... Some comment, "Wow, you guys sure like to move A LOT"... I just think to myself (while keeping it to myself) that if I had not "moved a lot" I would not be "here". It was worth EVERY move to be "here". I am not saying that each decision may have been the best financial move in our early days of marriage, some were great gains financially, some not so much. It took a lot of changes and chances to get "here"...

Albert Einstein ( I believe it was him) once said that "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again". If I would have stayed in the first home on the 5 lane road for 17 years, well personally for our family it would have been utter insanity...

I encourage you today to not let insanity get the best of you. I encourage you today to pursue your dreams with the Lord's leading, whatever those dreams may be... Life is to short to stay the same forever... Life can be a huge adventure depending on what you do with life...

3 comments:

Lea of Farmhouse Blessings said...

Your testimony is so encouraging. We, too, made a a big change about 5 years that moved us from family ~ 800 miles across the country to a town we did now know. We stayed only 1 year ... a time of amazing growth ... and then the Lord moved us to the place that had been the desire of our hearts for 16 years. We didn't understand all the answers or the "whys" at the time, but looking back, we now see how the Lord worked all the details out for good. Praise the Lord!

Smiles,
Lea

Gracie said...

Yup, it was Albert Einstein but the end of the quote is:

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

If you want different results you have to do something different. I commend you for your bold move.

KC9UKH said...

Beautiful and inspirational...

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011