Friday, October 31, 2008

October 30, 2008

I took a hot bath in a very large plastic tub, you know, the one you store the Christmas decor in... Yuhp, that one, the BIG ONE! I heated 2 water bath canners of the water on the woodstove and poured these in the tub with about 2 water bath canners of cold water. It was very pleasant! I took the bath in the dark with a gas lamp right in front of the woodstove late tonight...

I am waiting for some big epiphany here like, "WOW we should never have done this" but I am finding it really has not been an adjustment... I know its because GOD is driving this thing...

3 comments:

Lea of Farmhouse Blessings said...

When you know its God, its always good and pure and perfect.

I so enjoy reading about your journey.

Blessings,
Lea

Parisienne Farmgirl said...

Happy Birthday Baby! Oh my GOODNESS!

I can just imagine the joy of the hot bath! My nightly routine -so I find them rather sacred - reminds me of the scene in "Sweet Land" - now that you have your own Sweet Land I imagine there won't be much movie viewing but anyways - reminded me of that stolen hot bath in the farmhouse.
While walking thru the neighborhood with our whole troop yesterday I thought of you and the silence you were experiencing.

Oh the angst of being half city/half country - Parisienne Farmgirl.

My latest dream is a lavender farm. Doesn't that sound romantic?

Heartathome said...

Just wondering, but couldn't you look at getting an old claw foot tub? Would there be room for it in the laundry/mud room? Then you could fill it instead of the plastic tub-you'd only have to run a drainage pipe for it.
I'm sure you've probably already considered this, so really, I'm just thinking out loud.
Would you be able to use the "green" shower in the winter?

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011