Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The day after election day...

The day after Election Day 2008…

This is about the only time you will see me discussing politics here… I have a very private blog for that…

I do take voting very seriously. We were still registered at our old home so I drove 50 minutes each way to go and vote. My hubby’s just came from work to vote and this year he took the kids to see our rights put into action. I hope you took the time and even the inconvenience to vote yesterday.

It was strange as we went to sleep at 930 pm and I had no idea who the president was, nor where the stats were at. My Busch radio’s c size batteries decided to hit the dust last night… so much for the kids coloring in their maps. We did have quite a lengthly discussion on the history of the election day and where it came about. It was decided in 18—that the 2nd Tuesday after the first Monday of November was a great day for the Presidential election because 1 the busy farming season was now over, 2 to vote before the weather was bad 3 on a Tuesday because some people traveled great distances to vote and needed Monday to do it and 4 the electoral college annual meeting was held on the first wed after the first Monday of November each year back then, but now meets December 15 I believe...

I woke up at 1145 pm and was itching to know who became the 44th president of the USA… I logged onto hubby’s blackberry and saw what seemed to be a landslide…

Hubby is printing out all the stats at work, as well as the finished maps (blue and red to color in of electoral college) and we will talk all about that this evening with the kids… Right now everyone is outside enjoying the gorgeous summer like weather, 70+ degrees… who knows how long this weather will last but I bet it will be shorter than our resolve to keep living off grid… (read here if you didn’t catch this one)

1 comment:

Gracie said...

This election just made me more feisty than ever. I am ready to hold tighter than ever to the rights we still have and continue to defend those rights in our schools and community.
I voted and took Benny boy with me and Ben voted after work with the girls. This morning Shy and Kenna colored the states and added up the E. votes. Sad but just tells me Jesus is comin' back soon!

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011