Saturday, November 1, 2008

November 1, 2008

I found the neatest thing today. I found an old brochure for our house as a large estate Amish auction back from March 2007. I got to see some photos and some interesting things I had not known about this home before. I sure would have liked to seen this Amish farm in “all its glory” but we purchased it unoccupied.

Some neat things listed on the brochure that I wish were left with the house:
A treadle sewing machine
An antique icebox for the kitchen
A granite sink with a drain board
A Pioneer Maid wood burning kitchen stove with a large water reservoir (just the one we want)
A Maytag wringer washer (just the one we want )
And more!

Also, a great verse I read as it reminded me not to want too much today,
Proverbs 30:5 “Every word of God proves true; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him” and then 30:8 “Give us just enough Lord”…

1 comment:

Lea of Farmhouse Blessings said...

Oh thank you for sharing that verse today. We are making a transition in our life and have a list of things that we need. Sometimes I get so anxious.

I needed to read that verse today.

Blessings,
Lea

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011