Sunday, November 2, 2008

November 2, 2008 the store and a wonderful visit from friends...




I went to H's staple store this morning. She seems to be getting a little more trusting today. Today she invited me into her home, not just the porch where the store is located. She was welcoming and giggly. She wondered if she was smoking me out as she was burning leaves around her entire home. She saw our ad in the milk news about needing the wash machine and the kitchen cook stove. She happened to have both of these and I think she invited me in to see her Ashland cook stove she had for sale. It was a very nice stove. I reached out to touch the top of the stainless steel and she grabbed my hand and said “Oh, its very hot”. I did not know that so I was thankful for her caution. I got to see most of her entire main floor and kitchen. Very simple, and reminded me a lot of my own home. I wonder if the overly friendliness will continue more. Maybe I need to trust her more…

After lunch some old friends came to the farm with their 8 children. They brought us a wonderful meal and tons of goodies with a wonderful smelly candle handmade by the family. The children thoroughly enjoyed themselves and the weather was perfect. We haven’t gotten together in ages but it was so neat to meet with some like minded people and everything just fell into place when they arrived. I think they were amazed at how much work this lifelong project is going to be. That’s just it, we look at it as a lifelong project. If I thought we would have to get everything finished today, well then I would go bonkers… I can rest knowing we have a lifetime of time…






UPDATE NOVEMBER 5, 2008: We just received the sweetest handmade package with gorgeous handmade cards from the "G" family above for their visit! HELLO, we should be thanking you, we had a wonderful time and were so blessed by your company and all the wonderful food you brought! xoxoox

No comments:

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011