Wednesday, December 10, 2008

6-3-3-13...


I have been diggin' this recipe from Mother Earth News. We subscribed to this magazine some time ago and I suggest subscribing (it is only $10- a year right now). ME has a wealth of knowledge and like this time, another great recipe. It is true this is very easy. I am on my 2nd batch. I love that we can have fresh bread each evening with no hassle's. I store it in my cold pantry and in about 5 minutes I can form a loaf and after a short rise, pop it in the oven. A large family will go through at least 2 of these batches a week. Go ahead, give it a try. Pictured here is a photo of ours with caraway seeds for the Lithuanian's in the family!

7 comments:

More than Survival said...

I just printed the recipe off and subscribed to the magazine (a christmas gift for my hubby)
Thank you!
Heather

Farmgirl Cyn said...

AAAGGGHH! I JUST asked Giselle (our oldest) for this book..Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day...for Christmas! I made their recipe for cinnamon rolls last week....mmmm..mmm...good!
Now...if I could just get the magazine as a gift from one of the other kids!!!

Heartathome said...

Thank you for the info on the subscriptions-a great gift for my in-laws as well as one for us-all for the same price as I'd pay for one subscription normally. When I first saw the bread dough I have to admit that I thought it was cheese-the caraway seeds threw me. :-) I love caraway in my sauerkraut though.

Shop Keeper... Pamela said...

Oh... goodness! I can't wait to prepare this bread. Thank you dearly for sharing & I will have to subscribe to this magazine.
I love visiting with you from day to day...

Have a Wonderful, Blessful Day, Pamela

Kim said...

I will for sure be trying this. Thank you!!

SK and Family said...

I am going to try this recipe! Thank you!! :)

Michelle said...

I have their book, it is so great. We LOVE the bread!

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011