Wednesday, January 7, 2009

UPDATED Merry Amish Christmas. Olde Christmas, January 6, 2009

Did you know that most Amish sects celebrated Christmas yesterday? We are finding out so many new things about them. January 6 was the original day of Christmas over 400 years ago. Read more about it here. This is one reason why we could not pick up our stove until today, the Amish were celebrating with family. More on the stove later... It is in the van, in route here!

Another interesting fact that Amish do not change the time during time changes. They call it staying on "slow time" and we are on "fast time".

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Woohoo for the stove, bet you are thrilled!

Post a picture of it in place.

Also, wouldn't mind a pregnant belly picture! (clothed of course;)

Pink Slippers said...

I just love reading your blog. Because you have the courage I wish I had.
Wendy

Farmgirl Cyn said...

I think "slow" time is an excellent idea!
Is the stove in yet?

cityfarmer said...

My Hoosier folks have called it slow time and fast time for my whole life

...I'm always on slow time~~ poking along, trying to get stuff done

City Mouse said...

Interesting! Especially since this week was Kings/Epiphany/Twelfth Night. In the church calendar and liturgy, I actually always thought of it as an extension of Christmas. Cool.

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011