Thursday, January 8, 2009

Short moments like this…

Do you come across moments in your life where you are so peaceful and everything seems to be just perfect and all is in its place? Well maybe not everything is just perfect but, I do have some moments like now where everything seems so peaceful in my life, even though it may only last 5 minutes J

Currently I am home alone while the baby is napping… I am sipping a cup of STASH Licorice Tea (I suggest you run to the nearest store now and grab some, it is DELICIOUS). I have a batch of chocolate oatmeal bars baking in my new wood cook oven, gas lights humming and I am successfully living without electricity! It has been 11 ½ weeks now living off-grid. I still have not had an epiphany as to "why in the heck are we doing this". NOPE, not a bit. I won't say it hasn't been very challenging at times. The biggest challenge was what I thought, the laundry and we are getting that all worked out now and it is going much better. I also am amazed that the weather seems worse up here as far as snow goes, but that has not stopped us from living at all. We have never been cold here yet. Ok, well that first October 18, 2008 night here we were, but that was the last time of that!

We are very blessed; we have found a great family friendly church that finally seems to align more with us. The children have met some great Christian friends. The "neighborhood" of Amish have been friendly and did I ever tell you about how bright the stars are here at night? There is not a lot of light pollution here to light up the sky at night so the stars are bright as ever, especially on a walk out to the outhouse each eve for the last visit of the day.

I am thankful for this simple life. I am thankful that God is still driving this thing each step of the way, challenges and all. I am thankful for this moment to reflect…

I hear the baby fussing so that 5 minutes is up J God bless you!


 


 


 

5 comments:

Peggy said...

What wonderful blessings you and your family are enjoying! Thank you for giving the rest of us the courage and strength to push ahead on our dreams.

cityfarmer said...

this calmed me right down

thank you

Sherry in MI said...

After my kids are all in their places with their respective books they are reading, I am going to grab some hot tea and then very slowly re-read your post as I pretend it will last longer than 5 minutes. However, since I don't bake goodies too much, I will have to just work on imagining the smell of chocolate. *Grin* Thanks for sharing!

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Does it taste like BLACK licorice? Red licorice would be right up my alley!
Yes, I had a moment like you describe once. Not kidding.
Love,
Cindy

Hot Belly Mama said...

Hi, you have been awarded a Lemonade Stand Award From ME!!! Check it out on my blog and pass the award onto others....

http://hotbellymama.blogspot.com/

I chose you for this award because I feel that you truly are an inspiration for me and I look forward to reading your blog every day. Thank you for being a wonderful blog writer!

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011