Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A found random journal entry…

I am not your typical 15 year-old. I am not into the latest crazes of video games and IPods blasting my ear drums out. Nope, I'm unusual. But I am happy about that…

Every single day I pump water from the earth, make homemade goodies and learn how to really live life to its fullest. The real way, they way it has been done for ages. My "TV" is watching the sun RISE and SET or seeing the stars on my way out to the outhouse each evening. If I had a TV I may miss this and I would miss the snow coming down and all the nature that abounds in life.

The other day, I witnessed the most beautiful sunset! A dark rose red intermingled with orange and pinks. I like seeing the moon and shooting stars.

I would not want to miss the smell of hay and manure. The smell of the crisp air-with woodstove smoke mixed in. Nor would I want to miss a crisp apple from one of our trees.

I love my life. I love everything about it even with its challenges. I look forward to SPRING when I can pick a handful of daisies.

I love being up to my wrists in dough and our new wood cook stove is my favorite thing. I wouldn't want to miss ice skating on our pond and coming in for warm treats afterwards. I love my life here! No, I'm not your "average" 15 year old. I am ready to take on challenges and ready to give God the glory for all that I have!

II Timothy 2:15

19 comments:

Sarah Sanders said...

What perspective! I hope one day, when we're living on our own piece of land, one of my kids will say this, too!
Thanks for sharing-

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Whoa. I am once again speechless. And that is really hard for me to be.

Beth said...

Absolutely beautiful.

Beth

Missa said...

Wonderful insight!

Parisienne Farmgirl said...

Today Aidan was up to his wrists in dough (he is my little kneader) and it was so amazing to watch how proud he was of his work and helping contribute to the family food...I pray I stumble upon something like this someday. You have done such a wonderful job Ang.

Captain's Wife - Jennifer said...

I love it!

Mammamamma said...

Beautiful. I hope my littles have a chance to feel that same way someday.

Dawn said...

Sweet post....

Bovey Belle said...

How I wish that more 15 year olds would write thus. The true meaning of life - from a teenager. Such wisdom . . .

Hot Belly Mama said...

Beautiful! Have you been enjoying the star of Venus lately? Your blog is one of the few that I actually sit down and read all the entries. On to the next one....

Jenna said...

Thanks for posting that! It is such an encouragement to me, to know that there are other 15 year old girls out there who appreciate the farm and living in a big family etc.
I love our farm, work, family etc. However, I don't have an outhouse! Also, I have never played a video game/wii and all those other mind numbing electronics...excuse my harshness, but it's the truth. I would much rather be out in the barn helping a goat have kids, milking or all those other FUN things! And, at the same time they're productive. Do you know what I mean?!
Does your daughter have a blog? I would love to read it if she does:)
God Bless!
In Christ Jesus,
~Jenna~

Michelle said...

That's lovely-you've done a good job Mom and Dad-to have a young person who is loving the life they're living and not into the standard fare of the majority of today's youth.
Well done!

Amity said...

Wow...that is absolutely beautiful. What a blessing to have a 15 yr old with a persective like that!! What a refreshing difference compared to the "main-stream" 15 yr old. Lovely..just lovely ~smile~

craftycherry said...

The world seen through your fifteen year old girl is just beautiful. I plan on showing this post to my two girls when they come home. They are six and eight and I have a feeling that my eight year old will resonate with this especially. I love your blog and read it everyday. I find it so inspiring and it just lifts me up.
Many thanks
Cherry

SK and Family said...

Very sweet. Her enthusiasm for seeing the sunset and the stars reminds me of my friend's happiness on the first time she saw the beach! :)

white_lilly said...

What wise words from a wonderful daughter. There are not many children that would give up Tv and to see blessings from it.

I am enjoying you blog and have give you a 'One Lovely Blog Aware'
so please pop onto my blog and check it out :)

Tea with Willow said...

I've been enjoying your blog so much - and this post from your lovely daughter is just wonderful. Her great perspective on life will surely carry her through to adulthood with many blessings!

Willow x

slaterlife said...

O how I wish my 12 year old step-daughter could think like this. This is a beautiful entry. Unfortunately my daughter started out in the rat-race so she doesn't know any better. We are working on slowly changing our lifestyle, but it's hard to change what she's used to without a big fight.

Elizabeth said...

yo tambien amo a Jesus el nos amo primeroy me gusta el aprendizaje y soy una chica ama de casa de campo

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011