Tuesday, April 14, 2009

and the saints come marching in AGAIN!

Tonight I was surprised once again with a delightful meal from my dearest cousin and friend and sister chick Gwendolyn. 2 hot homemade chicken pot pies, rolls, apple sauce and rice krispie treats!

Wendy and I have been best friends forever! My father and her mother are brother and sisters. We are “from the same dough but different cookie cutters where used on us”… That’s what her quote about us was today. She is Kathie Lee Gifford (looks and all) and I am Caroline Ingalls with a grouchy twist! But we hit it off and always have forever! She has been supportive of my decisions in life as I have chosen quite a different route than most. I wish I could say that I have always granted the same mercies back to her but sadly, I feel I may have not. BUT, with all that being said, here is to another 60 years my dearest friend! I love you! You are so dear to me and I am literally woofing the pot pie down and it is DELICIOUS!

6 comments:

Happy Days said...

You know....you could just milk this bed rest for as long as you can and you'll never have to cook again!!! What wonderful family and friends you have!! Such a lucky girl...debbie

lady m's lavender cottage said...

Isn't it wonderful how the Lord is taking care of you and your little one (yet to be born)?

blessings,

Lady M

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Glad to hear you are being so well taken care of! Now, just hurry up and have that baby!

Lisa said...

I hope you are up and about again soon (but not before the baby is fully cooked!) I agree with happy Days, having friends bring by really good food can't be all bad!!

~ Carrie ~ said...

awww! That is sweet and cute! Friends like that are so hard to come by anymore. I had one once, but our differences in God divided us. :-(

HUGS!
Carrie

Joannah said...

Chicken pot pie sounds so good right now!

I'm glad you've got good friends taking care of you.

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011