Monday, April 6, 2009

Imagine…

Ok, Mother's Day is not quite here yet but at this time I feel it appropriate to pay tribute to my dear momma!

Friday afternoon my Father picked me up from the hospital on his way up to the farm and in the car my mom had sent a huge pan of my favorite chicken broccoli casserole, rolls, mandarin orange jello and wonderful gut cookies! My Dad picked up about 12 loads of our laundry. My dad is very small, I am much taller than both parents. It was hilarious seeing him peering over the steering wheel of his Pontiac Vibe pulling out of the farm with the entire car weighted down with horrible laundry!

Meanwhile, my momma is working her full-time job down town. Comes home and the two of my parents crawl into the little car full of dirty laundry and go to the laundry mat just to get it all washed quickly. They were concerned so much laundry at once would kill their drain field J… They got the looks in the laundry mat! They just kept bringing in basket after basket of laundry… Then the hauled it all back into the baskets to take home to dry it.

My mom is a tough cookie. Did I tell she beat breast cancer almost 7 years ago (by the grace of God!) and while fighting cancer with chemo and radiation she worked full time! Only took 2 days off because of the sickness. She would have her treatments late Friday's so she didn't have to miss work and she would literally sleep all weekend!

Back to Saturday… Mom and Dad loaded the Vibe again and when they pulled in I could see 2 mice in the front seat and I really think the back of the car was sitting on the wheels loaded down with fresh laundry. My towels are so soft! She used some fabric softener on them. She brought another hot meal of a huge pan of lasagna, fresh salad, garlic bread and rice krispie treats! She saved me! Thank you mamma! I love you so much. Not for what you do, but for who you are. Thanks dad too! I hope you back isn't out from all the laundry!




19 comments:

Peggy said...

take care of yourself and baby. The Lord is getting a lot of prayers about you! :)

Farmgirl Cyn said...

I've known all along that your mama is a saint! You are so very blessed to have parents that love you and care for you!

Captain's Wife - Jennifer said...

What sweet parents you have! I love it when families pull together. Your mom sounds like a real trooper! I am glad she beat the cancer. I hope you are resting up. Hugs to you and yours!

Happy Days said...

Goodness gracious! your story brought tears to my eyes. Especially about your mom. Thank goodness she if fine - what wonderful parents you have and that they are close by to help you. My mom is an hour and a half away. You are certainly Blessed! stay in bed, stay rested, stay healthy and know you have a a plethra of friends






























































Oh! your story brought tears to my eyes, especially about your mom. It is wonderful that she is doing well! You have wonderful parents and are so lucky that they are close. Stay in bed, stay rested, stay healthy and remember you have a plethora of online friends rooting for you, praying for you and wanting to see pictures of our new baby!!!...debbie

Dani said...

I will be praying for you and the baby...God bless your parents too....rest, rest, rest...peace and safety to you, sweet dear.

TheMartianChick said...

I'm pulling and praying for you! Your parents sound like such wonderful people. You are quite fortunate to have them in your life. Take care!

Leslie said...

I'm so glad that you have wonderful parents to help you out in these difficult days. I have awesome parents too, we're very lucky!! Take care of yourself and that precious little baby!

Mama Hen said...

It is so good to know our parents love us, isn't it? What a blessing you have to have two healthy parents who would do all that for you!

Sherry in MI said...

What a great tribute to your folks. We are a product of our parents, so I'm sure you learned much from her caring ways!

Pink Slippers said...

I loved reading this post. The kindness they show will only be passed down from you to your children and so forth. It's wonderful!
Wendy

Cheryl said...

What awesome parents and very inspiring about your mom's battle. Parents always seem to be willing to do more for their children than they do for themselves.

Nadine said...

How so very loving of your parents...to love on their grown daughter this way...this brought me to tears...
Rest well....I am praying for you

God bless

Nadine

lady m's lavender cottage said...

What a joy to have such wonderful, helpful parents.

How blessed you are :)

blessings and hopefully lots of rest,

Lady M

SK and Family said...

That is wonderful!

I am wondering about the gut cookies--what are the ingredients?

Renata said...

What wonderful parents you have. I love it when families help each other. Praying for yourself & bub as well!

SWEETHEARTS MOM said...

Well now I see where you get your family love and strength!

Mommy of Many said...

My Aunt and Uncle are the greatest! Praise God for them!

angela said...

You are a very lucky girl to have such wonderful parents.
Ok I know that,I am only an ignorant Aussie, but what are gut cookies.

Parisienne Farmgirl said...

OH! So, THAT'S were you get it. You come by it honestly.

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011