Sunday, May 3, 2009

Hello!

I am coming out just for a brief moment of this wonderful baby cocoon! I don't want it to ever end! The smells, the sounds, the smiles... ALL OF IT! It is so worth every thing!
I woke up that Tuesday morning last week and realized I had slept a full 7 hours that night. I had not done that in a very long time as to potty breaks etc. I thought, wow, I feel so good to have rested so well. I resigned myself to another day of pregnancy... It was about 8:55 am. I then got up and my water exploded... I was terribly worried as it was bad meconium. All I could think of is baby sat in that since she was under distress when I had the horrible flu... I yelled to the Gentle Giant to WAIT! He was just leaving to help someone move that day. We got in the van by 9:00 am and sped away for the 40 minute hospital drive. I was contracting mildly... Nothing to bad...

We arrived at the hospital labor and delivery room where I would be delivering at 9:55 am. I was at a 6 cm. I noted that I was in much more pain that when I arrived at 9cm with the Great Him. MUCH MORE... I had really prayed about what to do ahead of time and after delivering 2 10#'s drug free and 2 others big babies drug free I raised my hand and said NOT THIS TIME! I got the epidural at 10:55 am. I immediately calmed down. The great thing, I could still feel contractions mildly and move my feet and legs a touch. I rested. At 11:45 (less than an hour from the epidural time) I asked to be checked. I was at a full ten! I started pushing at 11:50 and WOW, it was incredible, NO PAIN and 4 pushes later here is a beautiful baby girl that arrived at 11:55 am. She had to be wisked away to her warmer right in the room as NEONATAL was waiting for her due to the meconium. But after a brief check she apgared at 9 and was handed back to me. They think she only had meconium maybe 24 hours. Praise the LORD! She is perfect! This was truly the EASIEST LABOR YET to date I have had, 3 hours that morning... My mom got to be there as well the last hour! That was so dear to me!

Here are just a few of my favorite hospital visitors (we nick named the Great Him "KEVORKIAN" as he was pushing a million buttons and Ruthie thought they would shut my heart off). BTW, I just LOVED the hospital stay. I had this deluxe private corner room with its own private entry way before getting to my room. I stayed 3 FULL days and 2 nights and I had room service each meal! I got to order it each time as well. I really relaxed! Here she is... right after delivery!

Oh, and here I am below with the Gentle Giant at a full 10 cm ready to PUSH )... All deliveries should be this easy girls, I am telling you, don't I look peaceful! All glory to Jesus!

Oh, and the baby girl goat had her baby girl kid today too! I beat her by 5 days! HA!

46 comments:

Peggy said...

congrats Ang. She is beautiful

Lisa said...

What a beautiful baby girl!! Congratulations on a job well done! Aren't epidurals just the best thing invented?? Had them with my two 10# girls!!

lady m's lavender cottage said...

She is precious!

Praise be to the Lord...May He bless her and keep her for all her days :)

Lady M

Kim said...

What a beautiful baby. I love that time in life. Enjoy!!! Take Care! Kim

Renata said...

Congratulations! She really is just beautiful! Well done!

Stone Bridge Farm said...

She is gorgeous! What a beautiful family! Congratulations!!! I am so happy all went well. And PS: I knew you would beat the goat!!lol.

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Well done you are very clever for sure!
What a sweet and orgeous aNGEL....
Makes me want to have 10 more...well...umm...mabey 1 more anyhoo:)
Enjoy each and every precious moment

Nadine said...

Congratulations!!!
She is so beautiful...

I had myself a 9 lbs 3 oz. 20" long baby girl too almost 16 years ago ...oh how fast they grow up...

Gobble her sweetness up...

Blessings


Nadine

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

She is a GORGEOUS baby, congratulations to you and your family on the beautiful new addition!
XOXO
Joni

SWEETHEARTS MOM said...

wow she really is a very beautiful baby. Lucky to have such a wonderful family too.

Captain's Wife - Jennifer said...

She is so beautiful! You did good momma! :) Daddy too. Thank you so much for sharing pics! It made my day to see her. :) My sister is pregnant with twins, due in October. I can't wait to get a newborn fix! :) (((hugs)))

Carrie of Farming On Faith said...

Thank you for sharing your pictures with us! I feel blessed to get a peek!
May God bless you all!
Thought and Prayers~
Carrie

Sharon said...

What a beautiful baby! Congratulations and may God bless her all the days of her life! Sharon

slaterlife said...

Congrats Ang. She is so pretty and so tiny!
Yeaaa you finally get off bedrest tooo!

granny said...

Enjoy your beautiful bubby,they grow up way too fast :0)

Mama Hen said...

Oh my goodness, I just want to nuzzle and kiss those cheeks and her neck. How precious!

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Oh Ang! I hardly know what to write.

1st. epidurals are heaven sent...I had one with Avery and delivery was easy-peasy.

2nd. What a beautiful, beautiful baby girl you have! Got to love those cheeks!

3rd. God is good. All the time.

Love you and miss you greatly,
Cindy

Sherry in MI said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures and the good news about your daughter's birth! I'm sure she is enjoying that beautiful cradle and all her brothers and sisters by now.

Love,
Sherry

Mama said...

What a beautiful baby,many brightest blessings to you & yours..

Michelle said...

Congratulations! She is so beautiful! You are very fortunate!

Kathy said...

Congratulations !! You make it look so easy. I also loved staying in the hospital after I had my little ones. I was served food, taken care of and brought gifts. What's not to love about that ! Blessings - Kathy

Kathy said...

What a beautiful, perfect little girl! Glad you had an easier delivery than before. There is a lot to be said for modern pharmaceuticals! And your boys are so, so precious. Congratulations all the way from Fairview, Tennessee. I'm granny to 5, so just love the babies. Can't wait to watch them all grow and thrive.

Nicole said...

Congrats to you and your family!
What a blessed life.

Warm Regards,
Nicole

Mammamamma said...

Congratulations. Thank God she and you made it through safe and healthy. Thanks for sharing the pictures. God is good all the time!

Happy Days said...

What a sweet, sweet Baby Girl! What did you name her? Am so glad you had a good delivery. Daddy is looking quite proud! Congratulations to you and your family. Let us know her name!...debbie

Gracie said...

Awwww....she is SO precious! I love the pic. of The Great Him with a blurry hand (showing him about to push buttons :)))
I am SO glad you got the epidural and it was great! I got the epidural with my last because I had a hard time beforehand (like you did with her- I wasn't as sick but had been in labor for a very long time like you). I too had the epidural for about 20 minutes but it was WONDERFUL and it went perfect! Praise God for your beautiful blessing!!
~Amy

Daniel, Kristin & Ezekiel said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy your labor went so very well, and I'm glad you're baby is perfectly healthy! What an absolutely beautiful little girl!!

TheMartianChick said...

How beautiful she is! I was wondering when we would get to see pictures. By the way, I never looked as good as you did when I was in labor! I looked as though I belonged in the movie "The Exorcist."

kimberly in idaho said...

What a beautiful family God has blessed you with! Congratulations

Catherine Anne said...

Beautiful baby girl-http://catherineanne5.blogspot.com/

Michelle said...

Big congratulations to you! She is a lovely little darling-a perfect amount of hair and nice complexion too.
Glad the epidural made things pleasant for you-nothing wrong with that!
I always loved the early baby stages....when you can love on them and smell their wonderful baby smell and their soft baby skin and they aren't big enough to wiggle away yet. :-D
Enjoy!!
P.S. Congrats to the goat too.....

Dani said...

She is a beautiful little girl..congratulations big time....God bless all of you!

Ellen said...

She is just beautiful! Have fun with her and the whole family.

blessings, Ellen

Suzanne said...

God Bless on your new baby and I fully admit to loving my epidurals:-)))

Aimee Kieffer, aka "Momzoo" said...

My ovaries are screaming right now!!!

She is beautiful, congratulations!

Cheryl said...

Aaawww, sweet sweet baby! How wonderful to hold! I'm so glad for you.

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

She's beautiful! She doesn't even look like a newborn often does. :)

Ann at eightacresofeden said...

So beautiful... what a blessing. May she bring you joy in abundance and endless days of delight!
With much love,
Ann

Joannah said...

Such a beautiful baby! I want one of those. ;-)

Lisa said...

What a beautiful baby girl!! God is good. And I am glad you beat the goat; the goat is probably glad also!

Lisa Q

Tara said...

She is just beautiful, Congrats!

Vicki said...

Congratulations on your beautiful girl!!!!

Rhonda Jean said...

Congratulations Ang. She is beautiful, you are too!

Kristy said...

She is p.e.r.f.e.c.t !!

Naturalearthfarm said...

Congratulations on your newest blessing. For our sixth, I had a bit of relaxer medication during the labor too - I don't know if it is just as we get older and want comfort or what..

But, thanks to God for a wonderful outcome and what a beauty!
With warm wishes,
Tonya

Mrs. Trixi said...

Congratulations, she is beautiful.

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011