Thursday, September 17, 2009

We had a wonderful day at the cheese class

The menu was all on farm food here or local goodies. Local Cider, preservative free, Mac Intosh apples (we have them for sale at the produce stand currently) fresh egg salad with dill and onion, that homemade bread recipe I have on the blog here (search bread recipe Mother Earth news here) pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting (the same one from harvest days) 2 of our cheeses, goat and dairy, farm honey, tomatoes with garden fresh pesto, cheese and olive oil and more! our wonderful taste testing team below
Ang pumping the gas stove for the goat's cheese! squeezing the curds from the whey
cutting the curds

the hard dairy cheese below


we had a great time! Thanks Farm Girl Cyn for sending me the photos!


Friends (new and old) from all over Michigan, Allendale, Comstock Park, the locals (3 of my new favorite friends Jen and Tam and newly Kristin given to me by God!) Zeeland and Lowell. We had a great time. You can read the "write up reviews" on our Local Harvest site. Cheese people, the recipe is coming via email by tomorrow. Thank you for coming to the Maple Valley Farms Cheese Class! xoxox Ang
NEXT CHEESE CLASS OCTOBER 6, 2009!!! HOPE TO SEE YOU!

4 comments:

Farmgirl Cyn said...

It was SO much fun! I loved it. You really ARE a veritable wealth of info!
I am looking forward to what you're going to do next!

Mrs. Peterson's Place said...

I would love to learn how to make soft goats cheese. Soft goat cheese and goat yogurt are the only one's I tolerate. Hmmm, someday maybe we will be up your way when you have a class. :-) That would be neat.

Renata said...

That looks like such a fun time! The food looks amazing! YUM!

Mandie said...

The cheese looks amazing! I wish I lived closer to enjoy your class.

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011