Monday, November 30, 2009

one of the ugliest buildings on the farm getting a redo

Here she is! AFTER (below picture scroll down this post)We have been busy redoin this building next to our house. Nothing major, just cosmetically, ya know, the FUN PART! Still, lots of plans for it. I think it is actually in better shape than the house :). Its HUGE and has an upstairs as well... I think we have 11 outbuildings here. LOVE LOVE this door now. Look at the doors on this beast below how UGLY they were!!!! LANTERN was a garage sale find, in fact, I have more of them I believe... THE DOORS were here in a pile of junk when we bought the place so I just painted them with leftover paint from our last home.
window boxes

the horrendous and ugly shop building BEFORE PHOTO. the huge window in front made it even worse so we covered them a touch with the shutters above to make the window seem not like a gymnasium window! The Gentle Giant and I built the shutters together all from materials we had, in fact, EVERYTHING you see redone was all things we had, wood, doors, paint, ties to hang garland, all the nature in the boxes, and we had a RIOT! We still need to do a little more on the shop. I am not crazy about the roof lines, but can't do much about that :). I was inspired by this gal and her link helped to inspire and to get me crackin' along and I even added some sweedish flair to the shop.

I would have liked to have this photo first but I can never figure out how to do this!

6 comments:

Fine Linen said...

It looks great! What a huge improvement with doing those things.
Blessings, Fine Linen

Happy Days said...

What a great transformation!! I rather like the shape of the roof line. It has character. Not just the same ole' same ole' roof. It's amazing what a little fixing up will do! Looks cozy now!...debbie

regina said...

How pretty. I love the shutters and would like to have those next to my windows!
Regina

April said...

Very nice. What is this building used for? Would make a cute guest house.

A Country Homemaker said...

Oh I love it! I love the ole and rustic look! Very nice.....

cityfarmer said...

let me start emailing you photos...I can see it all done in my head ...

the changes are dramatic and charming ...
I can see a little tech-y with a little primitive and some of your flair ...midwest modern ... some rustic ...

watch for emails.

love ya

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011