Saturday, December 12, 2009

The way I see it

It might be possible that when you arrive here on the farm you may be like, “what is this lady writing about this picturesque farm?” “her writing must be smoke and mirrors” or “she takes pretty good pictures” … It could be one of these…

But the way I see it, I see hope and a future. I am truly in love with this work of “art”, this farm. When I rise I am excited of the possibilities in a day and what it can bring here. I love a project. It would be boring for me if everything is done. Some see it as a lot of work, I see it as a lot of life yet to be lived, or a blank canvas waiting to be painted.

What you see here is my heart. When I take a picture of our farm, this is what I see. I see hope, I see a legacy, I see peace. I even see GOD!

There are many unlovely photos I could take, but I just don’t see them. I believe life can be what we choose it to be or what we focus on. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder is such a true statement.

Some ask us in a sarcasm or mean tone, “so, are you going to move again”? We have moved more than some, but for us, life is not meant to be lived in one spot. How boring that would be! Alas, to think in the 100 years of our life that for 1 year we lived as we just did…. We wouldn’t trade it for anything.

The palace was an absolute work of art, BEAUTY and more. But it was finished. Our time there was done as the project was completed…

I thank my Lord for new horizons, as this humble farm home, HE is new every morning! With all of the challenges we wouldn’t want to be anywhere else at this point.

13 comments:

Keeper of our Home said...

What a beautifully touching post.

~Mrs. M

Mrs. D said...

Jeremiah 29:11-12

Fine Linen said...

I can so relate to what you wrote. It's always a continuing process, just like our walk with the Lord. We're never done growing, learning, and drawing closer to Him, and yet so many seem to think..."they have arrived." No project will ever be done here...just like God is never done "here" in teaching His creation.
Many blessings to you and your family!

goatmilker said...

Well put what a great post. Rebekah

Mancelona Woodswoman said...

Amen Sister ~!

No more needs to be said, as you know we, too, live this same lifestyle.

Teri said...

Just beautiful! My about me page was just about that .... Bought an old Amish farm, finished it ... and now we have moved on to another farm .... and I see the beauty that is yet to be. And most think I am nuts ....
Blessings to you!

Stephanie said...

What a beautiful way to say it Ang! If only more people saw the world that way, it would be a much happier place!

Be blessed!

Mrs. Bee said...

um..I just found your blog...are you moving? You sound like you "bloom where you are planted"...and that is the best way!!

The Barn Wife said...

Your posts always make me completely rethink my attitude for the day. Thank you!

Renata said...

Great post - I feel the same way about our place here. Lots of work, but beautiful none the less!

A Country Helpmeet said...

Ang, I can totally relate. We are living in a 109 yr.old house that has been added and added onto and is in desperate need of repairs. But it is our home and we love it here. My husband often joked that our 32 acres of land is his kingdom, not our house! LOL! But we love it here just the same.

Home Sweet Home said...

Just beautiful Angie....there is nothing else to say....blessings to you and your family.

Connie

Marmee's Pantry said...

Amen. 'Nuff said.

Blessings from Ohio, Kim W

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011