Sunday, February 14, 2010

The cottage is complete! Our first guests stayed this weekend! UPDATE BEDROOM PHOTOS

Ahem! I forgot the best part of the cottage! A picture of the bedroom! A wonderful queen sized Ethan Allen bed and more! Everything in here is cast offs and I put it together. This is my favorite room of the cottage... Oh WAIT! Maybe its the kitchen! I suggest clicking on each photo to enlarge them :)

Our new ride with a sweedish flair! you need to come and take a special sleigh ride with Maple Valley Farms, the Gentle Giant and Jim our belgian. Jim has new custom made jingle bells as well! Ang is so happy a dream came true to finish the cottage! Thank you friends, thank you Gentle Giant for providing the means and THANK you Lord! May all who come to Maple Valley Farms be blessed, set free and encouraged in this peaceful place that God has richly blessed us with... That white spruce was worth the wait! Thanks to our cousin who provided this to the cottage! A HUGE blessing!


cozy even in February Der heis tay kessel is waiting for you!


Hope to see you and yours very soon! Check out all of our specials here

18 comments:

Happy Days said...

How wonderful you had your first guest! and I love the new sleigh and the jingle bells on Big Jim! I wanna ride!! The cabin looks so cozy! I'm sure when the words get out you will be filled all the time! Happy Valentines Day!...debbie

Lora said...

It looks beautiful!

Fine Linen said...

It looks so wonderful Ang! Congrats and many blessings to you all, Fine Linen

Michelle (She Looketh Well) said...

Oh Ang,I bet you are so thrilled. I know you love to show love through hospitality! You are so good at it! May God bless the work of your hands!

Alice said...

Wow! I have been waiting to see the "after" photos after knowing first hand what the "before" looked like! It looks great! Do you have more photos of different angles? Is the couch a pullout bed or are there beds somewhere else?

Alice

Diane said...

Looks beautiful!
Blessings
Diane

Sherry and Russ Sutherby said...

You're on your way ~ congrats! It looks wonderful Ang! Love the new sleigh too! I'll refer anyone who is heading to our place for dogsledding, to yours...if they are near that part of the state. Again, congrats on the hard work and dedication it takes to complete such a project.

Blessings said...

Congratulations on such a Beautiful Cottage! The sleigh is gorgeous, warm and inviting and Off Grid!
~~HUGS~~

Beautifully Veiled said...

Can I get there from here???
Linda in GA

Marmee's Pantry said...

Simply wonderful! One of these days, I know the Lord will bless us w/some of the extras we had before (my DH was laid off in April...things are TIGHT) & when that happens...I promise we'll be there as soon as possible!

Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

Renata said...

Ang this looks wonderful. You all have done a lot of work, but it is definitely worth it - looks fantastic. Well done to you all!
That sleigh looks like fun - did your hubby build it himself?
Hope you are having a nice day
Renata :)

Ellen said...

Simply beautiful!

blessings, Ellen

Jenna said...

You did a LOVELY job with the cottage, and I'm sure that lots of guests will thoroughly enjoy their stay:)

Blessings to you,
Jenna

TEAM T OUTDOORS said...

Well, what would I expect from my sister? Nothing but the best! You have truly pulled it off and continued your tradition with making a truly "Walden" experience! I will be there soon! I envision starting to put all my thoughts down on paper for my first book in this peaceful, beautiful cabin!
Love,
Your brother Jitters

Jeanne said...

I can not wait to visit. Planning now for the spring maybe.. The pics are so quaint and hommy! Thanks for sharing!

Jeanne said...

Please tell me about the sled? Did Hubby build it. Where can I get the sleigh bottoms? Your so blessed!

Cafe said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Tamara said...

It looks lovely! If we ever get to your neck-of-the-woods, we'd love to book it for a night or two! (Beware...you might not be able to get rid of us. ;-) )

Tamara (AK)
http://waynehunt.com/happenings

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011