Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Our Jersey Girl is FRESH! Sorry movies are not in order, watch last one first, etc.

It turned out wonderfully! At 7 p.m. we knew she was ready to "go"...

Then, with some mooing, grunting and pushing, 2 little hooves appeared about 7:05 pm.

Then for 25 minutes only the two hooves were seen and sticking out while Jersey Girl pushed and heaved and pushed to no avail. She kept looking at us like, "help me you people as you stand here gawking at me"!!!

So, the Gentle Giant, in his tender way, helped Jersey girl push here heifer calf out. The head was definitely stuck it seemed. I was a nervous wreck as you can hear.

And then at about 7:30 p.m. "she" emerged onto our farm in her warm and wet cocoon onto some fresh straw. All the children were so excited to see this miracle of life transform before their very little eyes! The Great Him exclaims, "THAT'S MY HEIFER"!

The minute Jersey Girl delivered, she quickly pushed us out of the box stall and is a very wonderful and protective mama to her baby.

Yesterday was a perfect day and we all finished with a homemade supper, together in the peace and quiet with an oil lamp and thanked the Lord for a wonderful day. Just 1 day every now and then like this makes this life we live even more worth it! I am so thankful that we can experience life on a farm...

Photo taken at 7 p.m. right as the hard work began...






7 comments:

Parisienne Farmgirl said...

I know jealousy is a sin but...

A Country Homemaker said...

Oh how very exciting! Congratulations!

HUGS!

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Aah! I was on the edge of my seat watching these! I don't think I could stand it! I am SO excited for you!!!! And a whole lot jealous:(

Lora said...

that is amazing! we can learn a lot from animals...

Michelle (She Looketh Well) said...

Oh Ang, thanks for posting these, you made my morning. How unbelievably sweet and precious for your family. Praising God for His goodness toward you. What a blessing!!! Have a wonderful day!!

KXJ said...

Thank you so much for posting these! Better then network TV! do you have any more? we love it.

Sherry and Russ Sutherby said...

Even though we have had two of our own born this month, I was very excited watching and seeing your gal! And such a family affair! Congrats!!

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011