Monday, May 10, 2010

a day at the trufant flea market...

I got a lot of about 50 (all are not shown here) of these handmade potholders, doilies and more for about .50c each! the two vintage table cloths were only .50c each as well!I scored pretty well at the local flea market... It is kinda dangerous actually that a flea market loaded with vintage wares and antiques is about 2 miles away from our farm EVERY THURSDAY April - September! this cool cart was only $10-
this vintage tomato box only $1-
Grandma square wool felted antique afghan only $2-
15 of these blue glass with seams and bubbles and real zinc lids for about a dollar a piece!

but the BEST part was meeting 2 dear friends at the market and then lunch at a greasy spoon restaurant in town... Here is Dar, my dark Irish friend and the famous "Farm Girl Cyn" a friend through thick and thin!
You should come to the Trufant flea market some Thursday as well... Then of course make a stop at Maple Valley off-grid Farm.... How about a girls day out with Ang making you a lunch at the farm after the market? Call the farm for all the great details and ask about Maple Valley Farm's "Flea Market Fare"... You can also read more about our great day at Farm Girl Cyn's place right here!

10 comments:

Beautifully Veiled said...

I'm game. Count me in. How many hours from North Georgia??? I'm sure I'd save enough at the flea market to pay for my gas up there. That is how it works isn't it??
Blessings,
Linda

Lora said...

i love that afghan! what beautiful colors!! great deal... :)

Sonja said...

Oh man! I wish I could find deals like that out my way. Seems like everyone out here knows that "vintage" is in so the price reflects it. Great score! BTW, found your awesome place through Farmgirl Cyn's site. Love it! :)

Happy Days said...

You certainly did have a good day at the flea market!! lol I like the cart and the Gramma Square throw the best...debbie

Tiff said...

You certainly scored with all your goodies!! We have similar tastes and I would have scooped up the same things as you :) But I'm curious, what to do you plan on doing with all those potholders?

Ps, I'm fairly new to your blog and just find it so fascinating how you all have changed your way of life. I am up for it, but my hubby still needs lots of convincing.

Countrymama said...

So what's the plan for all your new treasures?

Frugal Life UK said...

I must post, I love your blog, it cheers me up and makes me green with envy. Enjoy every moment of your wonderful life! frugal queen xxxx

Deb said...

Ya done really good. I love yard sales and flea markets.

Jenni said...

I was thinking of going there tomorrow. Are you up for it or did you spend all your money last week? Although it might rain so I might have to try another day. Love your finds.

matty said...

What a fabulous day! I love the "finds." Nothing like hand-loved goodies, is there?

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011