Tuesday, May 25, 2010

this farm keeps me busy creating!

I haven't even "touched" the north side of the farm house yet... I am excited to get started. Last year I put it aside to enjoy our newborn bundling... its time to get gardening, weeding and painting my palette!
The good, the bad and the not so soon to be "ugly" ... tons of weeds have overgrown in the lily of the valley's and my hydrangea...

I made the shutter all by myself... cut the wood and all with the power saw and covered a junky old covered window that someone years ago covered on the inside of the farmhouse...




the shutter adds more character... it looks as though it has been here for years. It was all scrap wood from the farm...
I am looking for the best and fastest growing IVY ever to take up these sides of the house to cover a multitude of "character"... Can you tell me your best climbing ivy...? I am not worried if it destroys siding either :)
CHEER ME ON WON'T YOU!!!

8 comments:

Julie said...

Trumpet vine covers our silo lickity split

Happy Days said...

You sure you want vines climbing on the house? I thought they ruined the wood and crept in small places where they weren't supposed to be. But, what do I know. I love English Ivy. I planted a bunch on the ground to make a nice rich green ground cover! ...debbie

Katy~The Country Blossom said...

How fantastic!!! I love the shutter you made! :) I look forward to seeing what you do with everything!!! :)

Nancy said...

Way to go making the shutter! It looks great! English ivy grows quickly and looks very pretty climbing up walls.

solomi558 said...

power to your elbow , your doing fine---cottonreel

Blessings:I am who I am by the Grace of God so don't try to change me!! said...

trumpet vine as it flowers and grows quickly.
~~HUGS~~

Mama Hen said...

I have heard of a plant that is called Fig Creeper. It grows really fast. It covers everything.

Ann at eightacresofeden said...

I love your shutter Ang. We are meant to install shutters on the windows of our new extension but they have to be metal - a bushfire regulation. I am leaving that to my husband but I want them to have character.
I rip ivy out here! - it is an invasive weed as are many vines which take over whole sections of bushland in our climate. Morning glory is my arch enemy! It wraps around my lime tree and smothers it.
I do love to see clematis climbing up over doorways and around windows on country homes.

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011