Saturday, June 5, 2010

our barn... some new images...

I never take for granted our old barn! I love the old beams with the carvings and love to think of all the things that went on here in the 1800's...
we have 11 out buildings, some in need of much repair, others are just right...

the windmill pumps the water to the top of the barn and gravity feeds it to the house with a hand pump or gasoline engine. I love the wisteria growing up the windmill...

a view from our dirt road. I hope they never pave it!

6 comments:

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Hmmmm...not much chance of them paving that road! You are a ways out!!!

Regan Family Farm said...

So pretty...some day I'm comin' up to see for myself! :)

Happy Days said...

Enjoyed your photos! And I love my gravel road too. Bob has asked a few times over the last 19 years if I wanted it paved yet...and I alway say no. I love to hear the car crunch along the drive. It's comforting...debbie

Deck said...

There is definitely something about a gravel road that is peaceful, even if your gravel road is a bit busy. Ours is kind of busy. I enjoy living there, however. When we were looking for a new house with some land I hoped for a gravel road, even though my husband didn't. He'd like to see the crushed asphalt put on it, but I like the dust and even the washboarding it gets when it needs to be graded again as it does now. So far my car has handled it just fine.

wendy said...

Always a joy to see your farm...I read this http://www.gardeningblog.net/2010/05/27/the-right-type-of-ivy-to-plant-near-a-wall/
and thought you might still be interested. Have a great day!

Ma said...

Your place is just beautiful. It reminds me of some of the amish and country places in PA where I'm from.
I hope they never pave that road too. The gravel adds to the charm.

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011