Friday, October 1, 2010

The long awaited recipe

Maple Valley off-grid Farms Pumpkin Cakes (from Great Aunt Bonnie)

4 farm fresh eggs, 2 cups real pumpkin purred (NOT pumpkin pie mix) 2 cups sugar, 1 cup oil, mix all those ingredients well!

2 cups flour, 2 tsp. Baking powder, 1/2 tsp. Salt, 2 tsp. Cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. Nutmeg, 1 tsp. Soda

Add dry ingredients to wet mixture, mix well. Pour into cupcake papers or 9x13 greased pan. Bake for 25-30 min depending on your wood cook stove ;) when the stove sounds at 350 degreesish!

Cool and frost with cream cheese frosting below:

3 oz cream cheese, 3/4 stick butter, 1 tsp. Milk, 1 tsp. Vanilla, 1 3/4 cup pow sugar, whip real well till fluffy, I do by hand :).

If you have questions email is best angela@maplevalleyfarms.net. I cannot answer via blog, only read it ;).
Sent from my farm

7 comments:

Konnie said...

Now I need to look at later posts to see if you have a picture. Next week I am soooo going to try to make these. Thank you.

Kim said...

Sounds yummy!

Love the new blog layout! Beautiful barn!!!

Pioneer Beauty said...

OH..I am so Excited..I saw this come up on my google reader...and ran right over..I have been waiting PATIENTLY okay...not so patiently for this recipe post..I can't wait to try them...you should call them "Bonnie Cakes" : )
Have a blessed day
In Christ
Angelina

Bluebell Country said...

Oh, um yummy!!! So going to be making these this weekend...
Peace and Grace dear friend!

Treasures Evermore said...

Thank you for sharing the recipe..I just happen to have extra pumpkin puree in the frig...will try them this weekend if time permits.

A Country Helpmeet said...

Oh Yeah! I am behind here a bit, but i simply can't wait to try these!

HUGS!

West Michigan Tourist Association said...

Angela,

After eating one - no wait, I had two - of these during our visit yesterday, I think I'll have to whip-up a batch in my own home. They were delicious! Thank you for your hospitality once again. We loved it and will be posting about our trip next week.

-Shannon

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011