Friday, October 22, 2010

we have been having a great time walkin' these acres and being in God's beautiful creation...

I have been so restless for many evenings... I just must seize these "last" days... I wake up and walk about thinking the days are just flying way to fast...
we truly know these days of raising children are the best days of our life...

many whom have gone before me always tell me, "These are your best years"...
I am enjoying and cherishing each and every one, even with its many ups and downs...
if we truly could stop time, if only...
what shall I do as these days are quickly unraveling through my fingers before my very eyes... STOP I say!!!
it actually grieves me that they are growing up...
I will always remember these smells, these tiny but chubby hands with caterpillars and frogs...
these are truly the best days of the Gentle Giant and I's life and we
are so very thankful
we continue to find our freedom from things that weigh us down...
Oh God! I thank you from the bottom of my soul for the opportunity for these precious gifts!
it is so true that the best things in life are what are free...

12 comments:

Farmgirl Cyn said...

If only.... If only..... I would love to go back...oh, the things I would do differently.
You DO seize the day, Ang...you really do.

Anna said...

Beautiful pics, beautiful words, beautiful thoughts. They are the best days of your life and glad you realize it. I'd give anything to have back the days my two daughters were little and in my care. Now they are grown and gone and our home is eerily quiet. Sometimes my heart aches to hear them tiptoeing to the bathroom or hear a sibling squabble. It all goes by so very fast. Enjoy it while you can.

Alla said...

BEAUTIFUL!! So glad that you see these are the best days of your life.

Laurie said...

They are the best days of our lives. Squabbles, homework, playdates, etc. They were the best years.
Both of our kids are in college and wishing they were 5 yrs old again for one day!
You are blessed many times! Enjoy!

Enchanted Moments said...

I still have these days in my grasp, with 9,7,and 2 year olds...
I should read this post each morning........thank you.
Suzanne.

Shine said...

You are so wise to cherish these moments as you do...they will be gone in a blur before you turn around.~~~Blessings~~~Shine

mommyx12 said...

Oh yes. It is a grieving process for sure to have them grow up. Perhaps that's why I had so many!! When one leaves the next I add another. And too bad that doesn't go on. Even adding babies comes to an end! I love your blog and can't wait to read more.

Ann at eightacresofeden said...

Your words in writing express my own innermost thoughts. I feel so blessed to still have all my children at home on our eight acres, all at different ages and stages and I have determined to enjoy every single year that they are here with us -- not just the baby years which I adore but also the years that people say they don't look forward to. With at least another 17 years of raising children before me and God willing the blessing of grandchildren yet to come I'm hoping for a 'continuum of children' to grace this home...such is the blessing of a large family.

Renee said...

I know the feeling of "grieving" as our children grow. My oldest will be 17 in 4 weeks and my baby isn't a baby at 9 years. I so much wish I could go back, but am enjoying every moment I have now.

Lea Eaton said...

My babe graduated this past June.... we have 40 sons..ages 19-30..and while I rejoice in my daughter in laws and the fine men our sons have become.... I still am in the grieving stage of this empty nest.and like you, there is not a day that goes by I don't thank the Giver of all good gifts for the honor of being their mom!

Preciouspeas said...

So Amazing! You read my mind completely. I am brought to tears thinking of the days that are approaching too quickly of when my children will all be grown. I'm taking your example and slowing down the pace to be able to enjoy those special snuggle times, and once in a lifetime memories. God is so good to us to give us these precious gifts to take care of.
Blessings,
Michelle

A Country Helpmeet said...

Just one word...."Precious"!

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011