Friday, November 19, 2010

So this is where it all began... 1974

My mother and father and I age 3ish... Caption of the Gardening Grows on You Magazine says, "Gene T. Examines his backyard tomatoes (not shown). For a first time effort, the garden yielded a good crop of vegetables. Gene's wife Ann shows some of her canned beans and corn. Their daughter Angela can't seem to keep her eyes off the relishes".

This was taken in our kitchen many years ago. Although I do not remember that day I do remember many of my mother's canned goods on shelves in our basement. I loved the spiced green and red apples best!
Sent from Our Off Grid Farm

3 comments:

Mumsie said...

I love it!

Treasures Evermore said...

Great photo...cool hairstyle your dad had. How times have changed.

A Country Helpmeet said...

Priceless!

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011