Tuesday, March 22, 2011

On becoming 40...

Give us this day our daily bread... If you would have told me I would be cooking only on a wood cook stove in my early cooking days I wouldn't have believed you...

I am so thankful to God for this experience! The best part? Our children know how to cook and bake on a wood cook stove as well! From scrambled eggs to cookies to their own bread recipes.

I am perfecting our wood fired artisan breads for now... I always wonder, what else will I be doing in the next 40 years that I do not know now?

How exciting!
Sent from Our Off Grid Farm

4 comments:

Katy~The Country Blossom said...

Fantastic! :)

I am wondering how you are able to get it (and keep it) at a constant temp. in your oven? :)

LouAnne said...

Beautiful bread! Such a wonderful accomplishment. :-)

Mrs. Trixi said...

Happy, Happy, Birthday!
I am loving reading all about your experiences, as well.

Treasures Evermore said...

Wonderful...I too would like to know how you keep the temperature the same?

Have a great day!

Connie

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011