Thursday, March 24, 2011

On becoming 40...

I have lived with almost 40 looooong Michigan winters! This photo taken just today after a pretty big ice storm.

I am loving winter more and more. I wouldn't have said that 10 years ago, but 10 years ago I wasn't a farmer's wife either. I cherish the down and snuggly time indoors that winter brings. I love cuddling up by one of the wood stoves with a good decorating or farm type magazine with my feet up in wool socks with mandarin orange spice tea. (one that my momma always served when I was a little girl)

This storm brought me back inside for winters last hurrah and I didn't mind it one bit! I'm just not ready to dig my hands in the quite dirt yet...
Sent from Our Off Grid Farm

5 comments:

Jake and Katy said...

I'm so pleased to hear that you are in Michigan. I've been enjoying your heartfelt posts. My husband and I are beginning our journey to transitioning off grid somewhere in MI. Our first step is to sell our house short sale just to get out from underneath our debt. I am documenting our experience at our blog http://transitioningoffgrid.blogspot.com/

Feel free to email me also at offgridtransition@gmail.com It is so nice to find a like-minded sister living the "simple" life! I'd love to continue a dialogue with you if you could email me! Thanks! -Katy

pilgrimscottage said...

I feel that way when it's raining for days here and the nights feel cold. Love snuggling down in my bed with a heavy comforter. Even in the tropics! Enjoy what winter you have left!!

Kate said...

I'm not a huge fan on MI winters...but it gave us a snow day so I'll survive! haha!
Kate

Sherry Sutherby http://russ-stickacres.blogspot.com/ said...

Having our sled dog tour business, we are outside more than in during the winter months. But summer...ahhhh my swing awaits! Between pulling weeds of course. Enjoy these days~!

Treasures Evermore said...

It is the same for me...but here on the west coast it's "rain"...and lots of it. My children also love those rainy days...and one of our African children loves having the window open and listening to the sounds of the raining falling...puts him to sleep.

But I must admit....I am soooooo ready for the spring and a chance to get my hands in the dirt LOL....it's been too much rain this year LOL.

Love all the posts you are doing...wonderful and thank you.

Connie
fyi: I'm doing a litle experiment with the salve you sent me...will post about it on my blog once the experiment is over. Will let you know how this salve is working.

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011