Friday, March 25, 2011

On becoming 40...

On my spiritual journey of my life I have learned much these last few years on health and healing. I temper our home healing first and foremost with God's word (left), 2nd with what we put into our mouths-we raise our own spelt, beef, chickens, raw milk, fruit, veggies and more to sustain us on these 40 acres.

Next we throw in some herbs and homeopathy. We end with modern medicine as we still find this very important. I believe you must have all of the above to be truly balanced with your health. Leave one out and it all goes crazy!

I look forward to what I will learn these next 40 years...
Sent from Our Off Grid Farm

5 comments:

Marmee's Pantry said...

Last year, after the 1st year of my husband's lay off (he has only been able to find on-going temp work at a place that pays him only 25% of what his last 'real' job did), I had to go back to part-time work outside our home. I was blessed to get a job at the health food store where I buy so many of the ingredients of the health & household items I make...so now I get a discount! :-) But I, too, try to do as much at home w/o going to a Dr as I can. Whenever an employee has passed their 3 month 'anniversary', we get a free copy of Prescription for Nutritional Healing! What a blessing.

Also, my sweet husband just ear candled me Wednesday night. I love them.

Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

A Joyful Chaos said...

Gardening, and home remedies are something our family does a lot of. As a matter of fact we haven't had a single cold in our family all winter thanks to a remedy we discovered that so far works way better than I ever dreamed it would.

For an interesting experiment someday hold an ear candle against your hand instead of in your ear and see what happens once it has been burned down. :)

Treasures Evermore said...

You are absolutely right...all four work the best together and leaving one out, makes things unbalanced....at least in our home and I see in yours as well :-)

If I'm not first grounded in the "Word", it doesn't matter what else I do....and God is the great physician...and has blessed us with great doctors whenever we have needed them.

Have a blessed day.

Connie

kristen said...

Joyful Chaos, will you share your successful remedy with us? I'm curious!

Homemaker Ang said...

Oh yes joyful, we have already done this experiment! we are using this for relaxation purposes only after a wonderful sinus massage :) the warmth feels good on a sore ear...

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011