Thursday, April 7, 2011

I found this today... Oh my!!!



I was laughing when I read this "review" about our place:


"I ran across a blog the other day called Maple Valley Farms. Click here to see their site. Beautiful website, beautiful home. Ethan Allen furnishings, luxurious bed and breakfast. A dream really. I have enjoyed what I have read and watched on their Youtube channel. I think that being able to collaborate and learn from each other makes it easier for all of us, so I hope you will check them out. Although purchasing a 40 acre farm with high-end furnishings and going off grid would be impossible for most of us who want the lifestyle, there are lessons we can still learn. I am not a wealthy person and this set-up is a dream that I would never be able to afford. I think that most of us are trying to homestead while pinching pennies. I know I am. Making ends meet and still being able to do a little at a time is what it is about for me. I am thankful that Maple Valley Farms is allowing us to peek inside the dream. So, go check out this dream place" excerpts taken from here: http://thepreparedhousehold.blogspot.com/2011/03/off-grid-living-at-maple-valley-farms.html#comment-form


My response will be listed shortly after their approval...


However, if they only knew are annual income they would be surprised and possibly choke! And "high end furnishings"??? Huh..? Ethan Allen? I think he works at my Goodwill...

We are so blessed because God has taken care of our little off-grid family. Monetary means, well, thats debateable... We have Jesus' love, fresh air, the farm life and a huge palette here to work with! And at the end of the day I would pick God's provisions rather than man's any day... And by the way, poverty is truly a state of mind if you think about that I am sure you will agree...


But thank you for the compliment, I am glad thats how you see it!


xoxo

HomemakerAng



12 comments:

Mumsie said...

Oh my Giddy Aunt...they must not have truly checked out your entire site. :o) Sheesh Marie! XOXO

pilgrimscottage said...

Personally, your home looks better than any with Ethan Allen furniture in it. Yours is homier, cozier. And, it got a sweet compliment from thepreparedhousehold. I believe I've been to their blog.

Laura said...

I found the review pretty funny, as someone who has followed your blog for quite a while now I know that everything you have was gotten by the blood sweat and tears of hard day in and day out work. It is a compliment that they think you live in abundance for you truly do, but it is becuase you cherish and make the most of each and everything you have especially each other. What better riches are there?

Ann at eightacresofeden said...

Reading this has just made my day! But you know at first I thought you had found a review for another Maple Valley Farm with the 'high end' being in the description - then when I went to the link I realized 'no it is actually Ang's farm!' Wow what a compliment. And the picture of your gorgeous dining table all set so beautifully to dine by lamplight could easily grace the pages of an glossy country interiors magazine!

mountain mama said...

it's so funny how people can see things!

:)

goatldi said...

People see us as we never see ourselves! A bit of romance and charm won't ever hurt.

Also folks who are citified seem to think that the gallon of milk just shows up on isle 5 in the refrigerator section, on it's own.

I personally love living in the manure, dirt, girt and blood of reality. Life on the farm!

Treasures Evermore said...

Oh my, so weird how people perceive things...so not your reality.

And poverty...that word is very loosely used. I've been to Africa when we adopted our children...and let me tell you about poverty. We have no idea what "poverty" truly means until you witness IT first hand.

Can't wait to read your response.

Vicki said...

I do agree you have a beautiful home!! Seems hard work can be mistaken for riches sometimes!!!

KXJ said...

"Poverty" truly is a state of mind. One thing I've always appreciated about you is that you do things (that cost nothing) with high-class style -- like plating your food like a chef, setting the table with linens (cheaper than paper), taking the time for arranging flowers just so, generally taking the time to beautify things. All of these are free and priceless! (and all of us can live this high-end life!!!)

MJ said...

Did I get you confused with another site? When I was on your site I read about a bed and breakfast special with Ethan Allen furnishings. Did I confuse you with someone else? I am sorry. I guess I was admiring someone else's bed and breakfast and confused it with you. Aren't I blushing in embarrassment.

MJ said...

Please see my retraction and apology.

http://thepreparedhousehold.blogspot.com/2011/04/oooops-maple-valley-farms-review.html

KXJ said...

That is very sweet of you MJ. It's like sending an email to only one person, only to find out it was sent to ALL. Happens to all of us!

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011