Wednesday, April 6, 2011

More on that apron!!!

It was really quite simple and sewn without a pattern... I am thinking of making another one today. I feel so elegant but yet "on the farm" when I put it on... The best part: its all from scraps and took under an hour to make!

My daughters all sew on 1 of our 2 treadles (see videos on our youtube channel). Momma on the other hand uses her Baby Lock Allure with a battery... You truly cannot teach an old dog new tricks!

Apron inspiration from numerous decor books, blogs (way to many to list) and "Laura Ash"!

Sent from Our Off Grid Farm

11 comments:

Mumsie said...

LOVE IT!!

Glenie said...

Love the apron, how did you make it. I would love to make one.

ThePoule said...

I would love to learn hoe to make one too! :o)

ThePoule said...

I mean HOW... Sorry for the typo...

Treasures Evermore said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely.

Judy said...

Very nice! Could you do a tutorial on it?

dawn said...

I was just wondering if you are still writing your book? I am anxiously awaitingQ!

Homemaker Ang said...

i would love to do a tutorial sometime however I don't have the time right now :)

Dawn, Yes on the book! it has 14 chapters completed. I am not sure how to publish it!

Icould self-publish but that is cheesy sometimes but might be my only option... :)

any ideas?

Kim said...

I particularly love the crystal mason jars.

dawn said...

If you would self publish and sell it here I bet it would SELL. I woud buy one! you could submit to publishing houses but it may take years!

Kim said...

Oops, sorry, I ment for that comment to be on the top post lol.

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011