Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Our artist in residence here at the farm

She is just 17 years old. This entire year she has independently studied from The Handbook of Nature Study authored by Anna Botsford Comstock I purchased this book when she was a wee 6 years old to incorporate The Charlotte Mason nature study into our home school... I guess it stuck to her then...
She created this beautiful setting on our fireplace mantle. She collected these nature specimens from the farm while on her own nature walks, sometimes with a small sibling in tow. She incorporated an antique weather barometer and her Great Grandmother's antique bunny as well...
I was blown away when I saw what she had done. To God be the glory! I can't wait to see what she is up to next...

12 comments:

Connie said...

Beautiful displays! She has talent!
God Bless

Treasures Evermore said...

Absolutely amazing. I think she probably has more imagination in her pink than I have in my entire body LOL.

Great job.

Ellen said...

Beautiful!

Blessings from a Wildflower said...

Absolutely amazing when one can see the beauty in God's Work and bring the beauty into the home...the beauty and bounty are there for the taking if we take the time to bless the elements :)
~~HUGS~~

Vicki said...

Breathtaking display!! Great job!

Kim said...

Oh I love it. She did a nice job. I still have that book too.

Ann at eightacresofeden said...

What a blessing she must be to your family and home. Who needs to go to Target to buy accessories for the home when God 's design store is there in nature. It's evident she has been taking lessons from the Master Designer and I know He is in residence in your home!
Oh and I love the bunny eating cheesecake!

Sherry in MI said...

I absolutely love it - thanks for sharing!

Sonja said...

I am so inspired! I've been wanting to freshen up our mantle and knew I wanted it to be "natural". What an incredible blessing she is. I love to see all that your kiddos do and excel in.

Kris said...

Oh no! Is that the cheese cake the rabbit is eating? It looked so good too.

Your daughter has a special talent for sure. Very pretty.

Diane said...

Absolutely love that book. We have recently started back using the book for our nature studies. Also wanted to comment on your header picture, beautiful.
Blessings
Diane

Renata said...

Wow - she sure is gifted! I would love someone to come & arrange anything around here - I am not gifted in interior decorating at all!
Lovely display!
Blessings
Renata:)

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011