Friday, May 20, 2011

It has been a while...

It has been a while since I have written a heartfelt post to you… Life has been good here on the farm. I have been deep in thoughts and prayers constantly as the days go by with much gratitude. I am thankful that spring is here to stay. It seems as if after a long and tough winter for our family we have now traded those months for beautiful spring days with beautiful puffy clouds, sunshine, new spring smells and fresh baby farm animals. Funny how you can seem to forget the tough when “the sun comes out tomorrow”. I have forgotten most of the tough, but not all of it. But when I think back it brings me to God and I remember how fragile life actually is and it keeps me close to Him… I never want to forget how much I need Him… I think these tough times help us to remember that, so for this I am also thankful.
These children of ours are growing up so fast. How can I stop the hands of time? It seems like just yesterday each of these precious blessings had just been delivered to us. With tears at times I reflect on their precious lives that God has entrusted us with for much to short of a time. We actually live longer away from our parents in our lives that with them and I am not accepting this real well as of yet. I want to give these children wings to fly to Him and give them the jump in their step they need to get the best head start they can for the rest of their lives that they live away from us. When we moved here, that is the most important reason we did, to give our children the best start we could and that we as humble parents knew how…


To give them the best life we felt God called us to give them in a time like today, away from some of the mush that the world can offer, even if only for the beginning of their lives… It has been a blessing to have a safe spot for our family here and I thank God for this even after an extremely rough winter….


You see tomorrow a simple phone call could bring us back on the grid and more… Tomorrow we could go back to “it” all. But for right now, even if for a fleeting moment, we feel safe to keep things as they are…


I would not trade these last 3 years for anything but another 50 as rich and deep as these have been… And yes, “God is still driving this thing”.


(all photos taken by HomemakerAng here at Maple Valley off-grid Farm)

9 comments:

Sonja said...

Praying for you. Not sure what's going on, but as you say, "God is driving", and He won't steer you wrong.

Dani said...

You have a beautiful home.

The best start in life that you can give your children is a home filled with love, and that shines through in your pictures.

Your children have you and they have knowledge of God - they are blessed. They have a lot more than many children.

Happy Days said...

Sonja couldn't have said it any better. God is driving and he won't steer you wrong. There is a time and place for everything. I wish you all well, as it sounds like something is amiss. Hope nothing serious. God will provide the answers no matter what it might be....debbie

Katy~The Country Blossom said...

May whatever the phone call holds, be God's will for your lives. You have always followed Him and as Sonja said above, He will never steer you wrong! Thinking of and praying for your family. :)

Warmly,
Katy

Martie said...

Praying for you.

mary grace said...

I know the taste of what you're saying when you speak of your children. Mine, too, seem to be leaping, jumping, throwing themselves forward ... and all the while I am cheering them on and yet wanting to hold tight.

Denise said...

Having spent the morning watching my youngest son receive an associates degree I understand what you are saying. Also recently my father was very sick and thought that he might be getting ready to go to the Father, not yet, but it sure makes one stop and realize how quickly time passes, and to be thankful for the moments that God gives us.

Hope all is well with you and your family, I have enjoyed reading your posts, the trust you have in God is such a valuable lesson for your family, thank you for sharing.

Blessed at Home said...

I am and still pray for you all Ang....in spite of it all. May God's will for your family be a blessing to you all.

Renata said...

Beautiful photos & thank you for sharing your heart. I think it is often as we look back through those more difficult times that we see how much God has taught us through those times.
You are a blessing to many - thank you!
Renata:)

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011