Monday, June 20, 2011

so many spiritually analogies from the farm to real life and thankfully much time to ponder...

When we moved to this farm I knew it would be life changing but I really and truly did not understand all I would really learn about God, about life about myself and about love…

Spiritually, this experience has been so deep that I could never have imagined what this would do in my heart for the good and for healing. All I have learned about God and about myself and how I relate to Him has been so rich. I could never in 100 years begin to even tell you all He has taught me and continues to shape and mold me to be perfected for Him. He has so far to go and I would n’t trade any of His gentle sculpting while I have been the clay in his hands.
As I was mending fences with my son today so much struck me about the fences and the analogy of sin in my own life and how I need to mend my own personal fences in my heart. On a farm when you let the fences slowly become loose, slowly bend and break down from their tightness to keep the animals safe and secure, so many things can happen. Mending and checking fences on a farm should be a regular part of chores in the farm routine to make sure everything is in working order or many problems arise. Animals getting out and trampling gardens, losing an animal, or having the animals eat your entire hay field you were saving and more…
In my heart as well the mending and fixing of fences, confessing sins and asking God to mend my heart should be done daily to ensure a close relationship with God and with my loved ones around me. Some say grace is sufficient, 'tis true… However, I prefer a farm with strong and mended fences to cut down on the mishaps. The same is true for my heart and I want to keep things tight and secure for Him on a very regular basis. We are never finished being perfected for Him just as fences will never be 100% mended.


The analogies of my spiritual life and lessons to be learned are numerous here on this farm. I thank God for using these examples to challenge me to be the wife, mother and woman He has called me to be even when then mending is rough. After all, mending farm fences is sweaty, extremely vigorous and very hard work on an entire body. I would expect mending a heart would be the same for a spirit if not more… But the rewards for both are endless!

9 comments:

mountain mama said...

totally awesome!

i'm always amazed at the lessons the Lord has for us in the every day..if we slow down and pay attention!

i learned/grew so very much while in the mountains. now that we are back in the city i'm slowly digestig it all.

we served one amazing God for sure!!

have a great week =)

Bobbi Jo said...

This post hits it right on the head. Love the new Blog header very cool! I think anytime we take the time out in the beautiful outdoors we get so much closer to our Heavenly Father and we tend to hear those whispers from him.
Hugs, Bobbi Jo

Ann at eightacresofeden said...

I can totally relate to the analogy. Our neighbour we suspect has not been turning on the electric fence, her paddocks are not providing sufficient feed (being ex-farmers we know just by looking at a field!)and the past few nights her hungry cows have been roaming our property - they ate our water plants and destroyed one of our ponds. It is heartbreaking - so much work and the cost involved.
Loss of physical property is one thing but more heartbreaking would be the breakdown of our personal fences - you are so right, we need to be fence builders and fence fixers in the spiritual. I love that at Maple Valley Farm you are right there working alongside your children. I'd love to read more of how you share the workload with children of different ages and the lessons you have learned about working together.

Treasures Evermore said...

Loved this post....I sure need mending of the heart every day....thank you for the great anology.

Blessings

Pamela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennyr said...

Beautifully said. Thank you.

Krafty Girl said...

Beautifully said! That is why I so want to get into the country, so I can show this type of life to my children ( and myself). God is Good. Its amazing that if you just let Him, he lets you see things that you might not have seen in other situations.
Amazing!

Sheila said...

So well said, thank you! He is amazing in His grace and in His lessons...

Joannah said...

Great analogy and something I needed to hear today. You know, I don't know if I'll ever make it to MVOGF for a visit or not, but I'm thankful that we are sisters in Christ because we can hang out in Eternity someday. That's something I look forward to. :)

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011