Monday, March 12, 2012

Our tea caddy cupboard in the Maple Valley farmhouse kitchen

For years I have loved this little cupboard.  I recently painted it Emperor's Silk - Annie Sloan Chalk Paint - and distressed it then added a good coat of dark wax.  It hangs proudly near our wood cook stove.  Very Tasha Tudorish, don't ya say?
  The bottom cupboard doors hold all of our loose teas that we dried from the herbal gardens, bagged tea and coffee.  On top I love to display our collection of various tea cups.  I feel "rich" when I go to grab a cup of tea from this pretty cupboard.
My favorite tea cups are from my English collection.  They are fine bone china and St. George stamped on the bottom of them.  I purchased these at a tag sale.  I love the porcelain container on the top shelf that holds my loose tea.  It says June 2, 1953 - Coronation Elizabeth II.  the bottom says "Sand Land Ware"  Lancaster & Bandland Ltd. Hanley Saffordshire, England.  My only regret about the collection is that they had at least 30 tea cups... I should have picked up a few more! 
Do you have a collection you would like to share?  Link in the comments here below, I would love to see it!
The Sophisticated Agrarian - HomemakerAng and Co.

2 comments:

pilgrimscottage said...

Your collection is beautiful. Love the cupboard. Love the homey header photo.

Julia said...

Oh Ang...it is lovely! I also LOVE tea ...you have some BEAUTIFUL cups!

~Julia

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011