Monday, April 2, 2012

r e l a x i n g weekend with family and creating...


after 2 weeks of whirlwind business - this weekend was spent at home relaxing, eating, family and creating and not necessarily in that order

We had a week vacation on the Gulf of mexico and then another busy week.  By this past weekend I needed lots of rest...

The photo above shows some of my creativity this weekend.  When I am stressed and need down time, creating always helps to undo my knots if you will...  The repurposed lamp and the sign brought p e a c e ...

So many creative ideas, so little time :)

and look at this show stopper below:
click on the photo to bring you to more photos...
It was sooooo ugly before! 


When I create, it takes the ugly stress out of me... Just like this old hutch - still sturdy but u g l y...
Then I transform it into something b e a u t i f u l and leave the ugly in me behind to give
p e a c e and b e a u t y like this "new" hutch!  
Lots of prayer and reflection when I create as God works out my kinks!  He still isn't finished with me yet...
"Know what I mean" ?

How about you?  What did you do this weekend?  Do tell me...

Xo

HomemakerAng - The Sophisticated Agrarian and Co.

4 comments:

Donna OShaughnessy said...

Beautiful hutch ! This weekend I made LOTS of soap. Because it makes me happy and it fills my need to make something pretty and...clean

Deck said...

This weekend was so nice! At church, we girls learned how to make jewelry, I did a little grocery shopping, I unravelled some wire and cleaned out an area in the barn that needed doing. Yesterday after church and a quick egg lunch, we had someone (a friend of my husbands) come over and grade our driveway. This guy enjoys doing this, and you could see he was having fun with his tractor. My husband and I took care of our animals, observed them for a time, he put up a shelf, I repaired a screen on the chicken coop window, and we finally got the bathouses up. Bring on the bats! All of this was enjoyed with a little bit of sunshine and a whole lot of "there's no way I'm spending the day inside" weather. Some of our goats were allowed out of their pen to graze on fresh spring grass and fresh spring grass was picked for the other critters that weren't allowed out.

Shelley said...

You have some wonderful creativity...lovely things you came up with...wish I had just a little of your energy :)
Blessings on your week.

Cary at Serenity Farms said...

LOL, I actually wrote yesterday about feeling a bit "ugly" myself, Ang! I didn't create, as you did, but I did take some quiet time around the farm

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011