Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Our first attempt a shearing sheep


For over a year we have been trying to locate a local sheep shearer not know avail.

Our daughter says, "I am just going to do it"! Gotta love the initiative of these Maple Valley Farms children. And here you will see it was an easy and time consuming job.

We ended with 2 nice fleeces weighing 9 lbs. 2 oz. From our Icelandic sheep I wish I lost that much weight after a haircut :)

Each day is an adventure at Maple Valley Farms.

What are you up to today?

3 comments:

Cary at Serenity Farms said...

Hurray!!!

Funny thing, today I am skirting (cleaning) a Corriedale fleece and washing some wool. Getting ready to have roving made.

Tell the girls, GOOD JOB!!!

Sun Valley Homestead said...

Wow, that is incredible. Will mention that to MY daughters LOL.

Not much going on...just trying to recuperate from renos...dd wedding...new grandbaby...and getting the bdrm ready for our next adopted children.

So I'm completely worn out if I really speak the truth.

Thanks for asking...but maybe you won't want to ask again LOL.

Blessings to you and your family,
Connie

odiie said...

Good for them!! We raised Icelandics and I just love them. We couldn't find a shearer either and I was the holder while my honey sheared. Proof that he really loves me. :)

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011