Friday, September 14, 2012

"Ye have not because ye ask not"...



I have felt prompted to share this the last few days from my personal journal:

"We keep a prayer journal under the premise 'Ye have not because ye ask not'. We write the request down with the date and then we write the day the prayer was answered. Some prayers are answered almost right away. A lot of prayer requests are still 'pending' but MOST requests are answered after an entire year (that can seem like a very long time).

All this to say, DO NOT GIVE UP! Keep praying and trusting God because He truly answers prayers. I think it is simple for Him to do it but it also is a very complex part of Him we will truly never understand but our hope births the faith that is sometimes needed for the answered prayers. I wish He answered all of my requests sooner but I have learned so much while in His waiting room. God is refining me for Him through the waiting...

Keeping a prayer journal has been really neat because the children can literally see God working 'on paper' if you will.  They see God will work immediately on our behalf and also through a longer process. I found the 'emergency' prayers were mostly answered right away but the 'wants prayers' were answered in 7-13 months. 

Interesting to say the least!  God is good..."   Angela Kuncaitis September 2012

xo

HomemakerAng and Co.


you can reshare this by linking back here or giving credit to the author - yours truly 

6 comments:

Tiff said...

I like the idea of a prayer journal. It made me think of something that a friend told me about prayers. She said that if you ask God for something in prayer once, that should be sufficient. No need to keep praying for that thing. She says it's the equivalent to ordering something from a catalog, once you place your order you don't keep going back and ordering it again while you are waiting for it to arrive.
So I'm wondering if a prayer journal runs along those same lines? You write the prayer request once and let it go?
I guess I struggle with this because I have always heard/been told to keep praying for those needs/wants, it's hard to let go of that thought pattern.
What are your thoughts?

Tiff

Tina Leigh said...

Thanks Angela. I am broken over a grandchild right now & my soul is lowly right now (there are no words to describe it). I have gone months this year with out journaling because I have been in such a state (again there are no words to describe my feelings).BUT just over the last few days I have been able to journal again, making myself start with praises, thankfulness, and lastly my petitions. I want a record for my kids and grands. Sometimes folks dont believe the Bible until they see what God has done for people they know.I want my descendants to know THAT I BELIEVE, THAT I KNOW HIS GOODNESS, THAT I CANT DENY HIS WORK IN MY LIFE.Thank You for the encouragment you give on your blog.

Renata said...

Perfectly said Ang!! Thank you so much for sharing it. I like to keep record of different prayers also, but love the idea of a family prayer journal. I'm going to talk to Dave about introducing the idea for our family devotions time.
Have a beautiful weekend
Renata:)

Mrs. Mac said...

And it's a good record of family history for the generations to come to read and take comfort.

Homemaker Ang said...

Tiff, I understand what you are saying. I always, 1 Thessalonians 5:17
King James Version (KJV)
17 Pray without ceasing.

:)

Sherry in MI said...

Haven't been on your blog for awhile and this particular post showed up at a good time for me. And Tiff's response was interesting too - made me think about praying over and over for the same thing the past nine months without an answer yet. Anyway, thanks for the post!

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011