Friday, January 25, 2013

a simple tip to enjoy your family

breakfast tomorrow (will make fresh-a one skillet easy meal) at Maple Valley Farm
One of the things I have learned (and it took about 18 years) as a wife and mother to enjoy my family on the weekend is this:  Make the weekend meals on Friday so that starting with Friday evening you can relax with your husband all the way until Sunday evening (You can reheat everything).  Sometimes it seems weekends can be a little hectic, even at home because of all the cooking we ladies do for our families. 

Now add some extra people in the mix (children’s friends, Sunday dinner etc).  Whenever I execute this plan I look forward to the weekend, rather than be anxious about it.  Ps.  This includes cleaning too.  Don’t use your precious weekend hours to do this J  I hope this helps someone out there so they can enjoy their family even more, I only wish I realized it as a young mom and was just getting started with many more blessings to follow… 


In the spirit of farming, family and faith,

xo

HomemakerAng



tell me, what do you do to make your weekends more relaxing?


2 comments:

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Great idea! Time with hubby and family becomes even more precious as the children get older and are out on their own with their own activities, etc.

Donna OShaughnessy said...

Excellent idea. I used to get all my kids stuff ready the night before, even having them sleep in clean non-wrikleable clothes, so they had a nice stress free morning getting out the door for school. Now I can use your idea to make the weekends with my GK's go better. You are so brilliant!

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011