Monday, January 21, 2013

The Gentle Giant

So, I have been getting a ton of emails as to "Where are you"???

"We hope all is OK?"

We are faring well, even in the cold temps...
Thank you for asking and you can follow HomemakerAng on Facebook, see the right side bar xo

Happy birthday to The Gentle Giant today! We walked into the restaurant
this morning and our 3 year old made sure she had everyone's glances and
loudly announces, "I threw up ALL last evening" while putting her hand on
her forehead. (She never threw up) AND then later our 5 year old asked
the clearly Indian-Hindu waitress with her pretty henna dot, "So Mam, are
you Jewish" when she asked if she could take his order:)... Oh my, the
things children say! Sometimes I just want to run and hide….

Great start to the day…

We have negative wind chills here this entire week but still not a ton of
snow. Truly a strange Michigan winter. I get a lot of questions about
how we keep our animal waters from freezing, so I will answer by saying
that we keep all of the waters in the barn near animals that stay in the
barn so it keeps the water warm :)

So, how are all of you faring? Do tell me…

And also, I have a new agenda for the blog coming but what would you like
to talk about here? Simple living, home schooling, large family living
with toddlers to teens, off-grid living, cooking on a wood cook stove, our
farm recipes, farming, faith, none of the above, all of the above, our 11
outbuildings in various states of dis repair (including our home &
or?)

I am interested in what you have to say

xo

In the spirit of farming, family and faith,

HomemakerAng and Co.

10 comments:

Michelle (She Looketh Well) said...

First off, Happy Birthday! to the Gentle Giant! Wow, you guys are young, Brian just turned 50!! Yikes.

Second, whatever you share, all things your precious family, interest me! Makes you not feel so far away, but also makes me miss you more. Ugh.

Share your heart!

Love and hugs to you all.

Jackie Grigg said...

Have missed you...having a chilly time (for us) here in UK...my vote would be the home cooking and off grid living. I cook on an oil fired Esse all year round, it's been smitching like crazy since Christmas...black food smelling of oil not appetising. Given it a major clean out today, but think the problem lies with our last oil delivery...gee thanks! Also have a wood burner earning it's keep.

Kim said...

I am interested in everything on your list: from simple living, to lightening, wood cook stove cooking, recipes, pictures of your day, schooling, and faith, and anything else in that brain of yours! :) I've been following you for so long now that I should know everything about you. :)
I too have missed you, but I know being a mama of 6 that you are busy caring for your hubby and family. Thanks for the pictures and update, and Happy Birthday, GG!
By Grace Alone,
Kim

Deanna said...

Hello from Kansas. Our temps are in the 20s today and supposedly the rest of this week our temps will warm a tad. I'm having to stay busy with inside projects as it's too cold for me to be outside.

I like talking about purtenear everythin'! grins.

God bless,
d on the kansas prairie

Tina Leigh said...

You always make me laugh!!! Love the kids comments too! Hey, what can you do? Kids are kids! Soooo funny!

Glad to know all is well with your family. All that you mentioned is blog worthy topics to me. You could write about dirt & I'm sure it would be interesting! I mean that in a good way.

Hope y'all had a wonderful birthday meal!

April said...

cooking, living off grid, decorating, homeschooling teen girls,farming, baking, and at the moment--staying warm!!!

Sandy said...

All of the above. Kids....you gotta love 'em!

Sandy said...

Oh, I forgot...Happy Birthday, Gentle Giant

Joannah said...

I will read whatever is on your heart. Our lives are so very different, but I enjoy the insight into your family, farm, and faith! :)

Marmee's Pantry said...

Glad you are all well & surviving the cold. Happy birthday to your man! What funny things our kids say ~ I used to tell people that that's when you DON'T tell people that you homeschool! lol One of my favorites was when our, then, 15 yr old daughter said, "So, if English people live in England, do British people live in Britland?" Yes, yes, a homeschool success story. lol Love those times.

Blessings to you from Ohio...Kim<><

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011