We decided this would be the weekend to get started on pulling the ceiling down of this 1885 farmhouse at Maple Valley Farm. We were cautiously optimistic but we knew even if we did not get the loft feeling we were looking for, it needed to be replaced anyways.
Well, boy were we pleased with what was under 3, YES 3 ceilings! The tear down revealed 100 year old + red pine after dragging out of 75 contractor bags of plaster and lathe and 2 large additional burn piles...
No worries, we wore masks and goggles and taped off house accordingly...
Look, LOOK! I am in BIG love with the very rough after pictures below!!! Now we are onto working on the walls and adding some really cool industrial lighting but no worries, I AM going to add my rustic prairie pretty touches here and there! I am so excited! We did the work ourselves so that saved a ton of $... The Gentle Giant is pleased I am pleased. He loves the look as well. I will keep posting more photos of this work in progress.
HomemakerAng and Co.
Ps. During this tear down the horses and cows got loose, 1 broken fiance foot, 1 stuck jeep, 1 broken down and stranded Subaru :)