Thursday, May 23, 2013

she is itching...

I see so much of God through nature and I know that what I see is not an accident.  I believe nature is a sign from Him.  He helps me through my journey of life by giving me hope and peace by what He has created…  When I do not spend time in nature I become discouraged and distracted …

Imagine my surprise as our youngest son grabbed my hand to go to one of our silos to show me something.  His eyes full of delight and excitement of what spring (God) was bringing him to the farm…

I ran to the feed lot with him smelling the fresh spring air, little boy “wind” as we call it and looking down seeing some little dirty hands holding onto what looked like an aged woman’s hand…
His excitement broke me from my thoughts… “Look Mom, LOOK”!  He gently pulled away a board in the wall of the wood and I peered over the board to see 6 perfect eggs in a nest…  It hit me hard…  He got my attention again…


I have been struggling lately… Taking all of this in… Letting our “little girl go”…  It has been a lot harder than I ever thought…  I am so happy she is going on to a new road in her life.  She is strong, she loves God and she found a Godly man…  But, it is the end of what is to me part of motherhood, all of my children “in” the nest.  I know each day these children are growing away, growing toward God, just how we wanted, just how we trained them and prayed about their mates…  I just didn’t think it would happen this fast… 

And here I stand watching…  I will never regret being with these children as much as I am/was each day…  I still wonder and worry if I did it “right”…  Ha!  I know the answer to that and I also know I did it for Him and that gives great comfort…  I always prayed for God to fill in the many cracks that I knew I could never fill in these lives he loaned to me even if for a short time…


I see her wings so strong… Itching to fly…  I see her looking in such excitement at her future and all that God has for her.  I see her resting in the fact that God truly has great plans for a future and for her and her husband to prosper…  Jeremiah 29:11

I see those 6 eggs that are almost 20 years old now… The first one hatching October 30, 1993…  6 beautiful and perfect eggs!  Some are itching to fly!


It wasn't an accident for our little one to stumble upon this nest…  It is in a safe place in this big wide world, but God let me see it. 

I am connected to this nest.  Each day I find myself running out by myself and check on how these eggs, now birds seem to have grown overnight!  How could this happen in a few short hours I say to myself.  A tear trickles down.  The analogy is too close to be an accident…  I hear the mother chirping away loudly from afar to sound the alarm and warn me to leave her babies alone…  I wish time could leave my babies alone for a little while longer as well…


The birds were itchy today…  The birds were agitated and cramped and outgrowing the nest.  They are ready to explore and leap out but they need just a few more weeks before they fly…  But I can see it in their eye… they are READY!  I feel peace that their mother has taken good care of them.  I know God has kept them safe in this silo away from the world…  I know that their mother has trained them to fly into the world with those strong wings… 


She has them for a few more weeks…  just a quickly fainting few…  each night she is at the nest holding them close for she knows it won’t be long…

May 23, 2013 Homemakerang and Co.


8 comments:

Kim said...

Simply beautiful.....I totally get you on this one. As if I haven't cried enough lately, but you could not have been more descriptive or accurate. Love y'all.....

Sherry in MI said...

What a beautiful post, Angie! I too am struggling with letting our oldest find his way!

Sherry Sutherby http://russ-stickacres.blogspot.com/ said...

This is truly precious!

Sandy said...

She will always need you, just in different ways. At least ours usually leave one by one instead of all at once!

Cary at Serenity Farms said...

Oh my, I'm blubbering like a baby! Perfectly, beautifully written and so obviously from your dear heart xxoo

Amy Kinser said...

Blessings to you and your family during this time. I am a homeschool mom who is not ready for her birds to fly the nest. One is working at a Christian camp for the next 12 weeks and I will only get to see him twice. Man, that's tough. He is 21. My oldest daughter is 18 and just graduated. We also have a 4th grader. The best time of my life so far has been raising my children. Can't even imagine when one gets ready for marriage.

Wanted to let you know that I will be sharing your home on my Girl Time Tuesday post this coming up week. Would love for you to stop by and take a look when Tuesday rolls around if you have a minute.

Blessings to you and yours. Amy

Melody DeLury said...

Oh man, making me teary. I'm reading your post while watching my 10 month old (and I can't believe it's already been 10 months since she made her appearance!)delight in pulling herself up on a toy basket and grabbing a toy, holding it in the air and cooing at it. I already know it's going to go too fast. <3 <3

Homesteading Wife said...

:')

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011