Thursday, July 25, 2013

More photos from the prairie wedding at Maple Valley Farm



The day of June 8, 2013...
Perfect weather at Maple Valley Farm!
(credits at the bottom xo)
 cake designed by the bride's 12 year old sister!
 
 the bride's dressing room at the farmhouse was graced with her great grandfather's vintage black fan, windows draped with her great grandmother's lace curtains and many mementos of those that had gone before her up to 6 generations ago!
 vintage postcards attached to blue mason jars for the table numbers!  Flowers placed by Haviland Fields
 surrounding the bride for prayer before she walked to the pond to see her groom... she hid all day long so it was a big surprise for him as she made the long walk from the farmhouse to the pond...
 horseshoes at the altar from Jim, our prized belgian horse...  Dried hydrangeas from grandmother's garden, backless benches with so much meaning...  each one placed with so much heart.  I wish you could have heard the bull frogs croaking during the ceremony!
 so happy!
 getting ready to see the groom


 our horses very own shoes!  they were here in spirit too!
 a barn dance for sure!
 hand sewn chair covers for the head table with vintage trims of all sorts!


 this blue berry box is from great grandfather's blue berry farm!
 an old milk box made into their card box to take with them for a lifetime keepsake!
 a fun candy station for the children after the meal!  stickers, popped corn, candy, bubbles and more!
 head table shot!  dishes from HomemakerAng and Haviland Fields
 looking from the altar by the pond back to the barn and reception area

 at the farmhouse ready to walk to the pond
 the "Mr. and the Mrs."
 The Gentle Giant with our sweet daughter!
 the head table below and announcing the "Mr. and the Mrs." above
 little people wedding attire




we are blessed!  

xo

PHOTO CREDITS TO Hannah Clark 
and many many thanks to Victoria from The Barn Vintage and Consignment of Rockford, Michigan
and Holly DeBoer of Haviland Fields...
Both ladies my dear friends and they helped get all my details out of my brain and off of paper to help me with all the last minute beautiful details!  Thank you ladies!!! LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!

11 comments:

Cary at Serenity Farms said...

Beautiful memories of a special day! Thank you so much for sharing ;)

Sherry Sutherby http://russ-stickacres.blogspot.com/ said...

Hannah did a beautiful job! I had to choke back a tear when I saw Matt plant a kiss on the beautiful bride... Blessings to you, dear friend.

Vintage Rose said...

Stunning photo's Ang. Thanks for sharing.

Mrs. Mac said...

These are wonderful photo-memories! What a beautiful day .. and I really like the simplicity of the menu! Oh .. and the bride/groom's cake .. home baked!! Lovely. Thanks for sharing your daughter's special day.

Sherry in MI said...

What beautiful photos - they certainly captured the beauty and spirit of the day. Thanks for sharing!!

Marmee's Pantry said...

Cool beyond words <3

Blessings from Ohio...Kim~

Lois' Laughlines said...

Your blog is charming. The wedding adorable. I am a new follower.
Blessings to you.

Everlasting Blooms said...

Beautiful! You are so blessed! :)

Dana S said...

The details were stunning. Very beautiful! Congrats to the couple! I know that was 6 months ago, sorry I hadn't had good internet to check back to your site as often as I would like. I love your website and could only wish to live as you do. I don't think there is not one thing you do or in your decorating I don't like. I love it all. Thanks so much for sharing!

Dana S said...

The details were stunning. Very beautiful! Congrats to the couple! I know that was 6 months ago, sorry I hadn't had good internet to check back to your site as often as I would like. I love your website and could only wish to live as you do. I don't think there is not one thing you do or in your decorating I don't like. I love it all. Thanks so much for sharing!

Dana S said...

The details were stunning. Very beautiful! Congrats to the couple! I know that was 6 months ago, sorry I hadn't had good internet to check back to your site as often as I would like. I love your website and could only wish to live as you do. I don't think there is not one thing you do or in your decorating I don't like. I love it all. Thanks so much for sharing!

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011