Wednesday, September 25, 2013

"That" apple bread/cake recipe

I am sorry that I do not have a photo of the cake for you here.  But, this is because I cannot keep it longer than 5 minutes with this family, its very good and very easy!

So here is the recipe: ps.  We **double** this in a 9x13 for our family size

Beat together:  2 farm fresh eggs, 1 cup oil of your choice, canola or coconut oil, 1 1 cup sugar or a sweetener like maple syrup and 1 tsp. of vanilla

Add:  2 cups flour (the bad white stuff - could substitute 1 1/2 cups white and a 1/2 cup whole wheat), 1 tsp. real salt (the pink stuff) 1 tsp. soda, 1 tsp. cinnamon and beat well

Add: 2 LARGE apples, diced and if you would like 1/2 cup nuts (but if you do not add nuts add a medium sized apple - this is what I do) Beat well

Pour into a greased 9x13 pan and bake at 350 degrees approximately 40 minutes OR until a fork comes out clean!

That's it!  Easy and very gut!

HomemakerAng and Co. xo

5 comments:

Cary at Serenity Farms said...

Those easy recipes that we turn to time and again ~ they are the best, aren't they? Thanks for sharing! I'm planning a "visiting" cake for the visiting girls tomorrow ;)

Jeanette@Creating A Life said...

Ooh, this sounds wonderful. May be breakfast tomorrow. Thanks!

Jeanette

Deborah Stewart said...

I heard the other day that the difference between bread and cake , with fruit,is how much you stir the dough, is that true? I like apple cake better than bread, but love Zucchini bread, but this sounds good, Did you have an apple crop? pumpkin bread is divine too.good on cold mornings with coffee.

Terri said...

A warm southern hello from Combs and Waddles located in Ringgold, Georgia. I just stumbled across your page on FB, and sister, you are a hoot! :) So glad I found you, and I look forward to reading more.

Warmly from fellow homeschooling mom and sister-in-Christ,
Terri

Terri said...

A warm southern hello from Combs and Waddles in Ringgold, Georgia. I just stumbled across your page on FB, and sister, you are a hoot! I look forward to reading more and more chuckles. :)

From a fellow homeschool mom, small homesteader, and a sister-in-Christ,
Terri

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011