Tuesday, March 25, 2014

***UPDATE** I left out a very important part!!! Waiting for spring 2014 while the beat goes on...

My heart...

Be still...

I would never have imagined this past June while getting ready for a wedding for our precious daughter at our beautiful farm that so many changes would lie ahead in the same year...  Someone once said you cannot stop time and I have found this so true more recently.

In one years time we married a daughter off, sold our precious farm, gained a wonderful son, have a child graduating highschool while the next one will get his driver's lisence all while another turns a teenager...

and my heart beats on...

In the same year's time we will become grandparents, see our youngest learn to read, watch 2 grandparents go into nursing homes and have some important relationships restored.

God is good, time is not...  And this is where my heart is right this very moment...  I am reflecting on what is ending and excited for what is to come!  Just like spring...  It has been a long winter - I am ready for what is to come in more ways than one...

and my heart beats on...

We are slowly getting our bearings here at the homestead.  It is different for sure...  It seems to easy sometimes and I do not really like this yet... However, I am slowly getting used to it and learning even more what "living simply" really means...  I am trying to find my new purpose and asking God my true purpose...

I have received many kind emails from you asking why we sold the farm.  It is not real deep but in a way I guess it is.  We still are following God and it was really miraculous how it sold.  **We did not plan to sell the farm but we told God that if He wanted us to sell it we would because it was His anyways.  But, we asked Him to just about come down and practically tell us too :).  Well, you can figure out the rest...  After our 5 years of literal blood, sweat and many tears with some of the most precious times of our lives, God choose to reward us for our hard work is the best way I can say it.  It was not an easy decision but it was a good decision.  *** The really cool GOD aspect of this entire transaction is that we got to KEEP a part of Maple Valley Farm for us with some of the best of the buildings ***  I feel really blessed by this and feel it was another gift straight from God xo

and my heart beats on...

With change comes sadness and joy.  I am at both ends of the spectrum right now...  During Lent I have been deep in the word and reflecting and asking God what I need to purge, what I need to tweak and what I need to be open for.  Truly, "He is still driving this thing", I just need to be reminded of this on occassion...


There is a lot of "new" here... New chickens in the "new" chicken coop - a new puppy from the litter - daisies from a sweet and kindred new friend (thank you Lord) - new, "old" buildings to put to use...  (And a new studio in the making for me :)  yippee!!!!)

I am slowly embracing these changes so my heart can keep up with all of it and God is speaking to me in His still small voice,

"For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone;

The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land;

The fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away."

Song of Solomon 2 KJV



and my heart beats on...,

xo

HomemakerAng and Co.

10 comments:

Carlton Family Farms said...

Oh, it was so good to hear from you again. Change is hard and we are learning that ourselves. Hoping and praying that you have a blessed year to come.
God Bless ya!

Kim said...

It is so good to see a post! I'm excited for you and your family. Change is hard, but when God is leading, it is so exciting and frightening and faith-building!
Thank you for sharing your "New" adventure with us......from the Mansion, to the Amish Farm, and now to the New Homestead....I can't wait!
God is Faithful!
By Grace Alone,
Kim

Mrs. Mac said...

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh ... how sweet to be obedient in the transaction :) Hoping you get your bearings and start blooming where you are planted.

Cary at Serenity Farms said...

So glad to see a blog post, I've wondered if you would keep the blog with the "old" farm sold. You've made my day ;) Hope to see you soon, xxoo

SherryinMI said...

What a beautiful, heartfelt post. It's refreshing to have someone just "be real" in their blog posts. I've missed your posts! :)

SherryinMI said...

What a beautiful, heartfelt post. It's refreshing to have someone just "be real" in their blog posts. I've missed your posts! :)

Sherry Sutherby http://russ-stickacres.blogspot.com/ said...

It's good to hear from you again, dear friend. Keep open to His will, and you can't go wrong, as you know. Hope to see you this summer, Lord willing.

tanyakoenig said...

Angela,
I have been following you for years as well. In fact, I believe your blog was one of the first I found years ago. Since then, we have moved from a suburban subdivision home into a historic home in town and then into a country home we built on 5 acres. I believe you had some influence in that decision. I grew up in the city and my parents are not the country types AT ALL. I always had these dreams, but pushed them aside...until I found blogs. Blogs like yours helped me to see I can still be me and live the country life I dream for our family. You have also inspired me with your words and several years ago, I emailed you about some personal things and you emailed me back some very encouraging words. Please accept my heartfelt thanks for doing what you do. I look forward to seeing your new adventures (I was sure those new adventures were moving to NC, but I guess I was wrong..lol..) Many blessings to you and yours.

Homesteading Wife said...

I can't wait to see you hold our little squash for the first time! :'))

Chris said...

Hi there, what a busy time it will be for you Ang. You will get through it just fine. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011