Wednesday, January 6, 2016

*VIDEO* An easy recipe ANYone can make! Let's get started xo

Hello!

Be sure to watch the video below for the tutorial on how to make this delicious yet easy chili recipe!  This recipe can be a great base recipe in learning how to cook and to lessen the fear of entering your kitchen for the first time.  This chili recipe can also be stretched into a few more meals to stretch throughout the week.

Happy cooking!  Don't be scared. Just try it xo

(free giveaway info in the video and below)




HomemakerAng's Easy Chili

Ingredients
2-4 lbs. of ground beef or turkey depending how meaty you like
*I used approximately 4 lbs
1 purple onion
a stick of butter
a Quart of water or chicken broth
a small bag of bacon already cooked 2.5 oz ( @ALDI ) 
1 Quart of marinara sauce ( @ALDI )
2 cans of diced tomatoes and green chiles ( @ALDI )
**1 can of drained kidney beans if you like (I didn't use) @ALDI
1 can of regular diced tomatoes ( @ALDI )
1/2 cup of parmesan cheese ( @ALDI )
2-3 Tbsp minced garlic ( @COSTCO ) or garlic powder
about 3 Tbsp ground turmeric
about 4 Tbsp ground chili powder
about 2 Tbsp dry mustard (or just use regular mustard)
Garnish
fresh cilantro ( @ALDI )
sour cream ( @ALDI )
cheddar cheese (@ALDI )
tortilla chips ( @ALDI )
Taco Bell or some type of hot sauce to your taste

Directions:

Chop up a medium purple onion.  Take and melt a stick of butter and place in the pan you will use to serve your chili.  Add onions and cook until semi-soft.  Add your meat and garlic and cook until all of the red in the meat is gone (this means it is finished).

Drain meat as shown in a colander and rinse with HOT water to remove excess fat (unless ground turkey - not needed).  Put meat back in the same pan and bring to the stove.  Add all of the remaining ingredients above to the plan but the last 5 ingredients.  Simmer on stove for about an hour to make your kitchen smell wonderful! Add a child or two in the kitchen for good measure xo

Serve your chili in a bowl and garnish with sour cream, fresh cilantro, cheddar cheese, hot sauce to taste and put a few tortilla chips on your plate to use these to dip into your fantastic creation! 

Enjoy! (you can add more water or chicken broth or water to the pot to make more broth the next day)


dishes from @DollarTree and @WorldMarket

Don't forget you can stretch this recipe by including the chili in an omelette, garnish over a baked potato or chips-and-cheese!


This is his 2nd bowl! LOL

See, I told you that cooking is easy - you don't have to make every single thing from scratch, make it all organic or grow your own... 

Be blessed today!

HomemakerAng xo 


GIVEAWAY xo



So tell me... What is the most intimidating event, thing or circumstance you fear in being a woman? Leave in the comments below. Just by sharing will put your fear to rest and you just may win the mug, "Do more of what makes you happy" xo

Contest closes January 12, 2015 - 

Do it afraid if you have too...






8 comments:

Alice said...

Hi Ang,

trying to comment..this is a test.

Alice

Alice said...

Ang,

Hi, I'm wondering if I make a one pound beef recipe what happens with the other ingredients? Do I reduce the amount of marinara and turmeric and water, etc?

I'm cooking for only 2 or 3 these days. I used to like chili but lately not so much. I'm going to try your recipe and see if I like it. I'm sure I will.

Alice
Martin? Not anymore, now I live in GR.

Homemaker Ang said...

Hello Alice!

I would 1/3 this recipe :)

Hope this helps!

Angela

Lisa Wilson said...

Good morning! I found you on instagram, which led to here! How wonderful it is to know other women still have a heart for the things of God and home! I, too, have the desire to teach and train but at the moment, God has me being "quiet". My verse for a few years has been 1 Thess. 4:11 which has STRETCHED me to where I thought I'd break. But I received His Word and am focusing on quiet this year.
You mentioned coming out of hiding, may I ask the background? Is there a blog post I should read?
I will be sharing your youtube with my daughter!
With Thanksgiving, Lisa in WA

Kim said...

Ang,
It's so good to see you and your family. I've been follower since the big maroon house. I love all of your adventures. God is good! Thanks for the recipe and for the video. I will look forward to more.
By Grace Alone,
Kim

melapam said...

Sure loved your cooking segment, looking forward to many more. We love chili in our home and with the leftovers, I make a chili salad, like taco salad. I take a bed of lettuce, crush doritoes, fritos or tortilla chips on top, add chili and top with onion, cheese sour cream or anything else you like. Delicious! Thanks so much. Pam in Sparta

SherryinMI said...

True story... I've never made egg salad (which I love) because I don't know how long to boil the eggs! Sounds ridiculous in today's google age, but everybody's got a different method, different times, different tricks so I just never did it. I had a single working mom during my junior high and high school years so I never learned much in the kitchen. I will be watching your cooking videos! LOL Thankfully, I'm blessed with a husband who loves to cook. :)

Marty Watson said...

Hi HA.
After following you from the inception of your farm blog, daughter got married, had a baby and then you dropped off the earth and so did I. Today I wondered what Ms.A is up to and there you are, cooking chili! I love that you suggest the sink of suds and empty dishwasher to keep the pots and dishes clean while you cook, something I do too! I am not intimidated in the kitchen. I taught myself to cook (mom was an awful cook!) out of necessity and my goal was to cook delicious and nutritious meals. My young married nieces would call me, asking for advice with, "I have a half-pound of ground beef, a can of peas, two eggs and a tomato" and I would suggest hamburger patties, broiled cheese on tomato slices, pea salad, and iced tea. From this, I started a blog, http://martysmeals.blogspot.com/ with a pile of simple meals. http://martysmeals.blogspot.com/
(You don't have to include this link in my comment, it was for you. Try the Pasta Puttenesce!)

all photos and writing on this blog ©Copyright Maple Valley Farms 2008-2011